Topic: Question about reduced opacity thumbnails while retaining the border?

Hi,
I noticed a topic from awhile ago where someone wanted to change the opacity on the thumbnails.
Someone provided an answer which did in fact change the opacity..
However -
The solution effected the -borders- of the thumbnails as well.
Does anyone know how to reduce the opacity of the thumbnails, while keeping the borders as solid??
Help with this would be greatly appreciated~!

Re: Question about reduced opacity thumbnails while retaining the border?

the movie clip you want to effect is mLoader_mc in thumbs.as, however it already has alphas aplied to it while the image is loading so you need either turn that off or set it's alpha after that.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply.
Does anyone know the exact line that needs to be inserted or removed in order to retain thumbnail border opacity at all times?? Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure it out after trying many times!

Thanks so much

miker,
are you sure its the alphas applied -while loading- which are causing the borders to appear see-through?  Because if I set "thumbnailLoadingAlpha:Number = 100", the thumbnail borders -still- appear see-through, and do not change while loading/after loading...

thanks!

I know there is an alpha applied during the image preloading, and it is applied to the mLoader_mc clip at 142. I do know that if you apply an alpha to mLoader_mc it will not effect the frame, as the frame is in a different movie clip, mBase_mc.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.