Topic: How do I embed simpleviewer galleries into HTML?

I followed the instructions in the FAQ to embed into HTML with no success.
I then took a chance and used the standard embedding code for most flash galleries and I got this:

www.keepsake-images.net/nuevo2.html

My simpleviewer files including my images, .xml and index.html sit in a folder called Engagement

To get this far, I ended up making a copy of the .xml file and putting it into the root directory where nuevo2.html exists - what you see on the page now is the placeholder for simpleviewer, but of course no images.

<object classid="clsid&#58;d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http&#58;//download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="100%" height="523" align="middle">
              <param name="movie" value="/Engagement/viewer.swf" />
              <param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
              <param name="BGCOLOR" value="#000000" />
              <embed src="/Engagement/viewer.swf" width="100%" height="523" align="middle" quality="high" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#000000" scripttype="text/javascript" pluginspage="http&#58;//www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />    

</object>

SO, i know this is because the current code for that page doesn't refer the location of the images, but I don't know what else to do.

My ultimate goal will be to have 3 total simpleviewer galleries which will embed on 3 individual html pages .

HELP!

:shock:

Re: How do I embed simpleviewer galleries into HTML?

From the FAQ:

15: How do I create multiple galleries?

To create multiple galleries of images, make a copy of the whole SimpleViewer folder for each gallery. Create your individual galleries as normal. You can now create a menu page that links to the index.html page in each sub-folder.

Which part did not work for you?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I"ve gotten the multiple galleries created, but i still can't get it to load the images.

It embeds, loads the imagedata.xml file and then I get nothing but white frames where the thumbs should be and no images.

all these views and no other person on this forum has ever embedded simpleviewer? i find that discouraging.

Do you have a URL I can look at?

Felix Turner

all these views and no other person on this forum has ever embedded simpleviewer? i find that discouraging.

I have successfully embedded simpleviewer on more than 15 galleries within a single website, and I'm not done yet...  8)

LINK: http://www.grandedesign.net
Galleries that are up so far:
http://www.grandedesign.net/interiordesign/
http://www.grandedesign.net/productiondesign/

another link you can also look at: http://www.urbanpoets.org/gallery.php

If you need further help, I can help as well.  Don't be discouraged.  wink  Simpleviewer is as its name states it, very simple to use. I like it!  smile  --- Thanks Felix!

Matrix

I see you have, but what you do is starting up a new window for each album.
I want to keep all my galleries in one window, does anyone has expierence with this?

(i did this and it worked fine but users need to change a IE setting, which i don't want)

tnx

From the FAQ:

15: How do I create multiple galleries?

To create multiple galleries of images, make a copy of the whole SimpleViewer folder for each gallery. Create your individual galleries as normal. You can now create a menu page that links to the index.html page in each sub-folder.

Did you try this? There is no trick, you just create a new SimpleViewer folder for each gallery you require.

Felix Turner

Matrix,

I too would be interested in how you embedded yuor simple viewer into your existing page.  Have tried the suggestions in the FAQ, but just can't seem to make it work.

I've added an example showing a HTML menu linking to multiple SimpleViewer galleries : http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … /gallery1/

Felix Turner

Felix -

Thanks for putting up that example but in the FAQ's you discuss putting the link to the viewer directly into a table cell - as a non-programmer (which is why I chose your program) I'm stumped (and admittedly it's a dumb thing to be stumped on) as to how to get the simpleviewer flash images to open into a specific table cell on a page that's DIFFERENT from the page which lists the galleries...

for instance - page with galleries I would understand to have the example links to be as simple as "bathrooms/simpleviewer/index.html" but I would like that to then open into ANOTHER page, where the view is embedded into exsisting html in a table cell...and am really unsure as to how to do this.

From what I saw Matrix did this very thing but not being a programmer I didn't get much from viewing the source of his pages (mostly it's the whole "class=..." thing that stumped me.

Please pardon my ignorance about this - but your program really seems to be the perfect solution to providing a gallery of images within a webpage easily...just not that easily for me wink

From what I saw Matrix did this very thing but not being a programmer I didn't get much from viewing the source of his pages (mostly it's the whole "class=..." thing that stumped me.

Ya me also. I hope they update the tutorial to simplify this, as it seems many people are having the same problems.

Ya me also. I hope they update the tutorial to simplify this, as it seems many people are having the same problems.

When I follow the directions from the main site all I get is the wording ending with click to view gallery. When you click there it takes you to a seperate window showing just the simpleviewer gallery. It is not "embedded" in my table on my webpage.

I am not using the server side files but porta on my desktop and uploading all of the files from porta to my website. The galleries work great that way from the index.html but not when I try to embed it on my webpages.

Where am I going wrong?

I have been able to embed the Simpleviewer gallery into my html page but it took some figuring out to get a header AND the gallery on one page.

Here is a link to a page I just created showing my Dreamweaver work file (layout mode) followed by the gallery page image underneath it showing the end result.

Unfortunately it drops the entire gallery swf down an inch or so (the height of my header area) so the bottom of the gallery images are just off the screen, and the Simpleviewer link falls off the screen too. (Not that I mind that last part, but it IS in the guidelines of the use of Simpleviewer to leave it visible. Maybe in the next release they can give us an inch of header space above the gallery in order for headers and link/nav buttons to be located up there ..... but hey, this is FREE !!!!

Edited to add : Upon further "tweaking", I changed the settings found in the "index.html" file where the size is set by the file, like so :-

var fo = new FlashObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "6", "#000000"&#41;; 

I changed the settings from "100%", "100%" to "100%", "520" effectively changing the height of the published (displayed) swf to 520 pixels instead of 100% of the height of the screen. No more problem of the images rolling off the bottom of the screen, and now my Simpleviewer link is back on-screen.

BTW, I used a simple 2x2 table to hold the nav buttons and headers, and below the table is the gallery file. And I use a gallery-selection page which links to each individual gallery --- each individual gallery has it's OWN image folder, thumbs folder, index.html file and imageData.xml file. The links at the top of the SimpleViewer pages simply take the viewer back to either the site's homepage or returns you to the gallery-selection page again.

Cheers,
Mike
(loosely-coined alleged "webmaster" of my wife's photography site)
www.wyldreamz.com

When I follow the directions from the main site all I get is the wording ending with click to view gallery. When you click there it takes you to a seperate window showing just the simpleviewer gallery. It is not "embedded" in my table on my webpage.

I am not using the server side files but porta on my desktop and uploading all of the files from porta to my website. The galleries work great that way from the index.html but not when I try to embed it on my webpages.

Where am I going wrong?

Same issue here, even when I use the code from the example "multiple gallery" page I get the "click to view gallery" page. I have seen working examples but no description of the solution to this. Anyone?

Where am I going wrong?

Same issue here, even when I use the code from the example "multiple gallery" page I get the "click to view gallery" page. I have seen working examples but no description of the solution to this. Anyone?

I'm having the same issue, anyone figure it out?

I have seen working examples but no description of the solution to this. Anyone?

Ok , its hard to give a solution if there is no description of the problem. All I can do is provide examples and answer specific questions.

If you are trying to embed a gallery in an existing HTML page please check the FAQ, Q11: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner

Ok, i have also followed the FAQ 11. It does not solve the issue.

What i have is a html file with several tables and a menu at the top.
I have a seperate table a few cells bellow that with in table in it to seperate the simpleviewer.

I also have a page with 8 images on it with a discription bellow it. Example: Children, Wedding, Senior's and so on.
When i click on one of the images, it will open up the html file called gallery1.html, each image has a html file like gallery2.html and so on. This is the above file i was talking about here.

The html in FAQ 11 only shows within a table then click here to open simpleviewer. Then when you click on it, it opens up in another window.

I would like it when i click on the image to open up gallery1.html for simpleviewer to open up within that page. As like i said, the top part is the header that contains site name, and menu.

Well, i think i am making this clear as to what some of us here are looking for.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

AG

The code in the FAQ, Q11 will display a simpleViewer gallery in an exisitng webpage. It does not show a link to open the gallery in another page.

It sounds like you want a menu that opens up different galleries? In that case try looking at the example in Q16 from the FAQ: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner

I have my own menu. with links to each gallery. As i said, i have one page that has 8 images on it. Each of the images links to a seperate page.

That page opens up, and also has a menu at the top that has my other pages on it, and including a link to back to the main gallery page.

So when in the gallery page opens all i get is the following: CLICK HERE TO OPEN SIMPLEVIEWER

So i click here, guess what happens. The simpleviewer opens up just fine, but on another page. Not in the same page as i want it to. Thus not being "EMBEDED" within the page.

No i do not want a different menu for the galleries if i already have one.

Now your solutions are great, but not what i, and others here for what i can see are looking for.

Ohh, and i think this is a awesome program you guys have here. Some of us just need a little bit more help than others. I am not 100% savey on this, but i am good enough to build a good looking site. So i do know how to add, edit, and take out code.

Ciao`

AG

Ohh, maybe this will open up a little clearer.

this is how my files are.

Main site is under pulbic_html: this is where all my html files, including the main gallery html files.

Then in there of course, all the regular folders including the one that has simpleviewer.

So i have it like this, a folder called galleries, then in there seperate folders for each of my catagories. Children, Weddings, Seniors and so on. Then in there i have the entire simpleviewer files, and directories in each of those folders.

Ok, i think i explained it a little bit further, and may clear some things up.

Ok, i worked out the solution, and now it opens up in the same window.

Now i have the problem of having white X's show up instead of the images thumbs..

Any ideas?

Ciao`

AG

Ok, i worked out the solution, and now it opens up in the same window.

Now i have the problem of having white X's show up instead of the images thumbs..

Any ideas?

Ciao`

AG

1) Check the thumbnails directory to see if you have thumbnail generated in there

2) check the gallery.xml to make sure the thumb="" path is pointed correctly. You could try multiple method like "./thumbs/" or "/public_html/pictures/thumbs" or "http://mydomain.com/pictures/thumbs" to ensure it find the thumb directory properly.

[url]http://www.photographybykevin.net[/url]

Simple Viewer FAQ By Kevin
[url]http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/photography-by-kevin/simpleviewer-flash-photo-gallery/[/url]

I will try these solutions, and there is no thumbnail generation going on. Does this thing have to be on a server in order for it to work?

I am testing it locally.

Ciao`

AG

Ok, i loaded them up on the server, and had to make some more modifications, but i finally got it working.

I have the solutions for those that still need some help. PM me, or email me and i will email my code.

Ciao`

AG