Topic: remove filenames in viewer

I'm new to typing XML and I am trying to get rid of the captions that appear over the image in the viewer. When I open the XMl file to delete the <caption> line, I end up with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gallery frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="15" imagePadding="20" displayTime="6" enableRightClickOpen="false">
<image>
   <url>images/Horizon.jpg</url>
   <width>640</width>
   <height>427</height>
</image>
<image>
   <url>images/w_wrobel_art__002.jpg</url>
   <width>600</width>
   <height>397</height>
</image>
<image>
   <url>images/w_wrobel_art__005.jpg</url>
   <width>600</width>
   <height>400</height>
</image>
<image>
   <url>images/w_wrobel_art__015.jpg</url>
   <width>600</width>
   <height>404</height>
</image>
<image>
   <url>images/w_wrobel_art__030.jpg</url>
   <width>640</width>
   <height>426</height>
</image>
<image>
   <url>images/w_wrobel_news__033.jpg</url>
   <width>640</width>
   <height>438</height>
</image>
<image>
   <url>images/w_wrobel_news__040.jpg</url>
   <width>640</width>
   <height>431</height>
</image>
</gallery>



When I open the index file, the entire gallery has gone to hell and I cant figure out why.

Re: remove filenames in viewer

You need to leave the <caption></caption> tags in the XML for the gallery to work. Think of them as a box in a stack of boxes if you take the box out the stack the boxes on top will fall off. All you need to do to get rid of the captions is to take the text out from inside/between the <caption></caption> tags.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: remove filenames in viewer

I came to this forum in search of an answer to this question--how to remove file names from the AutoViewer free version.

The previous answer to this thread works--remove the text in gallery.xml so that the file looks something like this for an image:

<image>
   <url>images/img_0972.jpg</url>
   <caption></caption>
   <width>640</width>
   <height>480</height>
</image>

The removal would have to be done whenever the gallery were updated.  Not too hard.

But as the previous answer (I think) suggested the change could also be done in the Picasa plugin for autoviewer.  The solution is to modify imageNode.xml in the Picasa plugin so it is as follows:

<image>
   <url>images/<%itemName%></url>
   <caption></caption>
   <width><%itemWidth%></width>
   <height><%itemHeight%></height>
</image>

Hope this helps someone else.

Bill