Topic: Captions getting cut off (changing margins?)

I currently have the captions to my slideshow set to under the image.  Since I don't have the slideshow in a fixed size, the viewing experience changes a lot for every viewer.  If the viewer's screen is much wider than it is tall, then the captions beyond the first line get cut off. 

The only work around I've been able to to find is by setting the stage margin higher, but if that is the only way around this, then if possible, I would like to only increase the bottom margin, since my top margin is already bigger than I'd like.  Is this possible?

Re: Captions getting cut off (changing margins?)

The easiest way to ensure your captions are not cut off is to give the SWF a fixed height and width in the HTML doc. Set the height to be tall enough to contain your longest comment.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

What would the not so easy way be?

You could modify the ActionScript code to handle the captions in a different way...

Felix Turner

im having a similar problem - what i need to do is set a box where the captions slot into - ie i need to set a width for how wide the captions can be before they wrap onto the next line (also i would like to align them right). - i tried what i though was the obvious thing and resized the box (symbol) that the captions are put in but that didnt seem to work

im not sure exactly how to do this - im guessing its in the actionscript code but tbh im not exactly sure where to look.  any clues?

Thanks in advance

Use the fixed layout options to give your caption a defined height and width. In the AS options, set 'fixedLayout' to true. Then use the Fixed Layout Positions in the AS Options to set the x and y positions of the different elements.

Felix Turner

thanks - cant believe i didnt see that in that file