Topic: new guy questions, fairly frustrated

I tested the test program on my server beforehand, and was able to set the permissions to what made sense and it past all the greenlight tests...

Then I purchased svManager and I have followed all the directions, unzipped, loaded via FTP the svManager. I have searched google, and the forums to no avail...

I have set permissions on everything (rwx-rwx-rwx) that seems like it should work, I don't understand why I keep getting the error message:

Error unable to create directory g1 (gallery.php, line 858)

I'm pretty frustrated, it seems like this should be WAY easier than it is.

Any straightforward help?

Re: new guy questions, fairly frustrated

It does look like a permissions problem. Have you set the permissions on the svmanager folder itself? And the test reported that php safe mode was OFF – yes?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

yes safe mode is OFF

svmanager folder permission is rwx-rwx-rwx

thanks for the try Jack, anything else?

Mmm. It's clear that something is preventing svManager from creating a new directory but if not permissions or safe mode then what is it?

One more thing you could do that might shed a little light. Edit the file svmanager/includes/constants.php and find the following line near the top of the file:

define('DEBUG', false);

Change this to:

define('DEBUG', true);

It won't solve the problem but it should give a more detailed error message that might contain a clue.

jack

Jack Hardie

Jack -

I have the same problem - not being able to create new galleries - so I followed your instructions and this what I got displayed:

Fatal error: unable to create directory g3 in /var/www/vhosts/(name of the website)/httpdocs/svmanager/classes/gallery.php on line 858

Any clues now?

Thanks a lot,

J

It turned out that the problem reported in this thread was actually a permissions problem. Once the permissions were set properly then everything was fine. So as I've said in my reply to your other post let's double check everything as the next step.

jack

Jack Hardie

Error unable to create directory g1

your getting the errors because of permissions.

if your getting the above error, change the directory folder svmanger to 0777

that should fix it

i would change all the folders to 0777 and once everything is working start changing them back to what it was.