Topic: Multiple Galleries - Simple Question

Hey!

I read the Q/A for question number 16 concerning multiple galleries. If I am reading this right. I need to create my main index.html page, link to the .html pages in the galleries I created (after creating the galleries, and renaming the .html file) and the galleries are created correct? Thanks for your help!

Second question, can I use the flash gallery feature if I do not own the flash program? Is there any way to copy a file into the gallery so it autoplays? I was so pleased with simple viewer that I wanted to support the program by buying the Pro version even though I didn't have Flash and despite the listed 'Requirments' I was wondering if there were some pro-version-uses that could be salvaged? Thanks!

Buri Studios

Last edited by Buri Studios (2009-08-30 06:52:06)

Re: Multiple Galleries - Simple Question

1. Yes, you can see an example in the examples folder included with the pro version.

2. You can download a 30 trial of Flash Pro from adobe's site, make the changes you want to make, republish the swf and you are all set.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you Miker. I saw the examples but was still confused to no fault of the examples or help listed on the simple viewer page.

2) While this would be a great idea after the 30 days I could no longer create new .swf files with updated pictures unless there is a way to do that without Flash installed? I appreciate your help greatly man!

What about it is confusing? You seemed to understand it by how you stated your question.

You only need Flash Pro to make changes to the actionscript options, these options don't normally need to be changed often. You can still make new galleries, add or remove images, or change xml options without Flash Pro.

Mike Richards

To me it was confusing because in the answer to question number 16 on your FAQ page it does not tell you to rename the index.html - seeing as I haven't made a web page in a few years and have never had to do anything of this sort I was at first confused and couldn't see the obvious step that isn't mentioned.

Thank you also for your help with the actionscript options help. Me being new to this it really helps to have someone guide you along!

Buri Studios

If you have them in separate folders you do not need to rename the index.html files. You can link to them as either yousite.com/thefolder/ or yousite.com/thefolder/index.html

Mike Richards

Ah, here is the real question. Is it possible to have Simple Viewer do multiple galleries inside of wordpress? If I was making the website entirely in Expression Web I could successfully achieve this but do you know if it is possible inside of wordpress? Thanks again so much for your help! I just about have this completely ironed out and I'm so excited to get my page up and running!

Buri Studios

Have you tried the wordpress plugin? http://wp-simpleviewer.fuggi82.de/

Mike Richards

Yes sir. That's the first thing I set myself up with. I created my individual galleries using that tool and then downloaded the files off the server, edited them to look like the example, and tried to link them. I realized however that you can only embed these into a site if you have full access over the Html's 'head' tag, "Edit your HTML document using a HTML or text editor. Add this code block into the <head> tag: ".

If you try to create the galleries using multiple folders inside the main folder it does not know to look for picture's in the sub folders and instead tells you there are no photos for processing.

If there is some easy workaround for this I'd greatly appreciate the help! If there is no way to complete it then I completly understand and would like to commend Miker for helping me out with this. You've already been a great help regardless of whether or not this can be accomplished.

Buri Studios

If you are using the wordpress plugin you shouldn't have to worry about all of that. Just install the plugin, check that the settings look right/how you want them and use it to post photos. There example has two galleries in on post. http://wp-simpleviewer-demo.fuggi82.de/ If you are using simple viewer pro you can go into the plugin folder and replace the viewer.swf in it with the Pro version you downloaded.

Mike Richards

While this is true it would be more user friendly 'if' it was possible to have one gallery with multiple links instead of a slew of galleries scanning down the page and I believe it would make me look more professional.

Regardless I decided that my site is going to look like this www.buristudios.com , so after a bit of editing I think I can get it the way I want it without multiple galleries. It might benefit me in the future to know how to do this in wordpress, and I know someone somewhere out there would be benefit as well.

Miker please pass my regards to whoever recruited you and tell them I thought your help was above and beyond. Thank you so very much!

Well the only real way I can see to have multiple gallery with your site design without multiple galleries trailing down the page is to set Wordpress to limit posts displayed to only one per page.

You could try the Flash Embed example, but would need Flash Pro to make changes whenever you wanted to add a new gallery and it would make using the simpleviewer wordpress plugin complicated.

Mike Richards