Topic: Lots of posts but no real answer.......

I've seen multiple threads on this same problem....TV works locally but not when uploaded to server.

This is the same problem I'm having.  I'm not using Flickr, I'm using the manual install from my own folder.  I've uploaded everything that needs to be uploaded...and I'm getting nothing. 

Why?

Can someone PLEASE devote a little time to helping this issue out?  Seems like lots of people ask, but nobody gets a solution.

Thanks

Re: Lots of posts but no real answer.......

Oh...and btw....I've read all of the instructions, have the scripts in the head tags, have the script embedded in my html properly, have checked the xml and the coding is fine, have the swf uploaded properly (case is set correctly), all images are loaded, paths are correct. I also used multiple different ftp's to upload the swf in case an older ftp program "broke" the swf (I don't get that, but someone wrote it as a possible suggestion so I tried it...didn't work).

There is nothing further I can gain from reading the instruction doc over again because it does not tell you what can go wrong when uploading.

I need a solution, not install instructions.  Thank you very much.

Hi,

There are many reasons why something may not work, so there is not 1 solution for everyone's issues. If there was I would be happy to put that in the docs smile Also, for what it's worth, TiltViewer is free so any support you get is provided as a courtesy.

What is your URL so I can take a look at your issue?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Your question was already answered in this post...

http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7795

You are inserting the flash into a div called flashcontent with fo.write("flashcontent"); but there is no div in your page called flashcontent. You need to add something like:

<div id="flashcontent">TiltViewer requires JavaScript and the latest Flash player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash here.</a></div>

Mike Richards

I did reply to that post this morning, but that resolution did not solve my problem.  I do have a div for flash content, it's right above the flash :

<div id="flashcontent">TiltViewer requires JavaScript and the latest Flash player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash here.</a></div>
    <script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "viewer", "900", "500", "9.0.28", "#000000");            

// TILTVIEWER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
        // To use an option, uncomment it by removing the "//" at the start of the line
        // For a description of config options, go to: 
        // http://www.airtightinteractive.com/projects/tiltviewer/config_options.html

//FLICKR GALLERY OPTIONS
        // To use images from Flickr, uncomment this block
        //fo.addVariable("useFlickr", "false");
        //fo.addVariable("user_id", "48508968@N00");
        //fo.addVariable("tags", "jump,smile");
        //fo.addVariable("tag_mode", "all");
        //fo.addVariable("showTakenByText", "true");            

// XML GALLERY OPTIONS
        // To use local images defined in an XML document, use this block        
        fo.addVariable("useFlickr", "false");
        fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery.xml");
        fo.addVariable("maxJPGSize","395");

//GENERAL OPTIONS        
        fo.addVariable("useReloadButton", "false");
        fo.addVariable("columns", "4");
        fo.addVariable("rows", "4");
        //fo.addVariable("showFlipButton", "true");
        //fo.addVariable("showLinkButton", "false");        
        //fo.addVariable("linkLabel", "View image info");
        //fo.addVariable("frameColor", "0xFF0000");
        //fo.addVariable("backColor", "0xDDDDDD");
        //fo.addVariable("bkgndInnerColor", "0xFF00FF");
        //fo.addVariable("bkgndOuterColor", "0x0000FF");                
        //fo.addVariable("langGoFull", "Go Fullscreen");
        //fo.addVariable("langExitFull", "Exit Fullscreen");
        //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");                

// END TILTVIEWER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS

fo.addParam("allowFullScreen","true");
        fo.write("flashcontent");            
    </script>

This is the section with the Tiltviewer....what am I missing?

I just tested this again locally and it works perfectly....it's just not working online once I've uploaded it.  sad

Well....I went ahead and tried something different...I moved the swfobject.js to my root folder (even though I have it pointing to my js folder where I keep all my js scripts) and now it seems to be working online.  Hooray!

Now the only thing I'm trying to still figure out (which was a problem I was having locally) is how to get the flash behind my drop down.  The tiltviewer blocks my drop down menus and I've changed the z-index wherever I could to get it in front of the tiltviewer, but it's not working.  How can I fix this?  Is there something in the tiltviewer that I can change to get it to move back?

Thanks!

Try adding wmode transparency to fix the menu.

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

Mike Richards

miker wrote:

Try adding wmode transparency to fix the menu.

Could you please write more specific how to change background to transparent in TiltViewer??

/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-flashviewer/lib/functions.php
I changed: in the function nggShowTiltViewer($galleryID,$irWidth,$irHeight, $link = false, $flickrtags = false) {

i found - line 133 - $swfobject->add_params('wmode', 'opaque');
and change it to - $swfobject->add_params('wmode', 'transparent');

but still no transparency.. sad

http://x-files.net.ua/

I believe you will need the pro version to full transparency.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/tiltviewer/ … html#trans

Mike Richards

I tried the transparency and it worked for me.  Now my dropdowns are showing above the viewer.  Thanks

swdweb wrote:

I tried the transparency and it worked for me.  Now my dropdowns are showing above the viewer.  Thanks

HOW????

I did what the other member posted -

I have the free version and it worked beautifully!

it goes right under this line:::

var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "viewer", "900", "500", "9.0.28", "#000000");

But....I just noticed....that even though I put in transparent....it was changed to opaque but it still works.....odd.... so try this...

fo.addParam("wmode", "opaque");   

see if it works!

swdweb wrote:

it goes right under this line:::

But....I just noticed....that even though I put in transparent....it was changed to opaque but it still works.....odd.... so try this...

fo.addParam("wmode", "opaque");   

see if it works!

are we talking about - /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-flashviewer/lib/functions.php
??

n this file I don't have - var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "viewer", "900", "500", "9.0.28", "#000000");

Last edited by ka81 (2009-09-04 12:07:53)

ka81 wrote:

are we talking about - /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-flashviewer/lib/functions.php
??

n this file I don't have - var fo = new SWFObject("TiltViewer.swf", "viewer", "900", "500", "9.0.28", "#000000");

those are files:
functions.php
tiltviewer.php

files.ka81.com/soft/tiltviewer.zip

could ypu please take a look at parametres..

no, this is in the index.html file.  I have my tiltviewer embedded in a page, so all i have is what's within the script tags.

this line is the second line under the <script> tag in the html.

swdweb wrote:

no, this is in the index.html file.  I have my tiltviewer embedded in a page, so all i have is what's within the script tags.

this line is the second line under the <script> tag in the html.

well, I use WordPress with NEXTGen Gallery Flashviewer, and there I use TiltViewer.

unfortunately - I can't find string needed.. sad

the most important files i linked in upper post.

I'm sorry...I dont' know how to help with that because I don't use the same products.  Maybe you could try Miker's solution and see if that works for you.

Good luck!

In wordpress under the flash viewer/tiltviewer settings if you change Are you using TiltViewer Pro?: to yes, Transparent Background: to true and save you should be able to use a transparent background

Mike Richards

I did - $swfobject->add_params('wmode', 'transparent');
and I choosed Pro - Yes, Transp backgr - True

http://x-files.net.ua/?p=1006
as you see - no transparency.

so, for wordpress users the only way - to buy a Pro version?!..

No for all users the Pro version is required for a true transparent background. swdweb just used fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); to get around a drop down menu issue. In order to have full transparency you also need fo.addVariable("bkgndTransparent", "true"); and fo.addVariable("showFullscreenOption", "false"); which are Pro only features.

Mike Richards