Topic: Split Gallery

So I was creating a gallery for our engagement pictures. In the beginning the speed was great but after a while the speed of the gallery dramatically slowed down and now crashes the browser. I know I put too many pictures in one gallery. I have about 800 (700pxx500px). Is there an easy way to split the gallery into 8 different galleries or do I need to delete this gallery and start from scratch with smaller qty in each.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Re: Split Gallery

Well it's good to have someone stress-testing the software wink

The easiest way is to start from scratch.

However, you could also do it this way:
- Create seven new galleries and leave them empty.
- Use ftp to move pictures from the images folder in the big gallery to the images folders in the smaller ones
- Delete the thumbnails in the thumbs folder of the big gallery (not strictly essential)
- Run the rebuild option in the svManager galleries screen for each of the galleries.

Either way, you lose any captions that you may have entered. If you want to save the captions then it gets a bit harder...

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Jack. I dont know why I didnt think of that but I just started from scratch. I didnt have any captions so I was ok. I have two more galleries left.

I am loving SVManager. Saves so much time in having multiple galleries.

Also the default gallery list page, is there a better animated option. Current is kind of plain and simple. I want to match the gallery page animation with the actual gallery...maybe list the gallery like autoviewer and you click on the picture to go into the actual gallery?

Let me know.

Last edited by Malik_Hemani (2009-09-03 15:25:14)

If you have some knowledge of html and css then it's fairly easy to edit the galleries index page. The php just creates a table (or optionally a series of divs). So you can add extra html of your own around the table. The generated html has lots of ids and classes so you can style it with css.

There's a little more on this in the advanced section of the user manual.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.