Topic: Changing the tween to fade in & out

Hi, I've got a client who wants the tween to fade in and out rather than slide across, is there an easy way of doing this or not??

Re: Changing the tween to fade in & out

There are no step by step directions to do something like this, you would need a good understanding of ActionScript and as such this would not be a trivial task.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

So it's pretty difficult to do yeah?

I suck at AS.

If you have trouble with AS it would be time consuming.

Mike Richards

Do you know whether there are any step-by-step tutorials on how to do this?

From the looks of things, the *.as files only handle one image at a time, and this would mean having two layers for the images, wouldn't it?

There are not any step by step directions, but you may be able to find something you could adapt searching the web. You would probably have to change a good chunk of code to get this going. I'm not sure how you would fade them in and out with out moving if you are going to maintain the filmstrip appearance. If the client doesn't care about the film strip you could try simpleviewer and just hide the thumbnails.

Mike Richards

You're a genius, I didn't even think of that.

I could kiss you right on the face.

Sorted, that's exactly what I needed!

I'm an idiot. I've had SimpleViewer-Pro sat on my system for nearly six months.

Good to hear it was that easy.

Mike Richards

It really was, I just edited Options.as, changed the fade length to 10, changed playbutton & autoplay to true... Went to the gallery.xml file and played with those settings, exported the viewer.swf movie and I was sorted :).