Topic: Problem creating multiple galleries

I have made my own website (www.octaviosalles.com.br) on HTML with editpad, so I understand the basics of it. However I'm having some trouble creating multiple galleries, each at a different HTML page.

I can make a single gallery, but only when I put all the simpleviewer files at the root level where my HTML pages are (except index.html, because I already have one there of course). I have read the instructions at the FAQ section but can't understand it. Please can someone help me with a little step-by-step? I need to create at least 6 different galleries.

Re: Problem creating multiple galleries

I have search the entire forum for a solution to this but is still as confused how to do it. Would any kind soul wish to give a detail instruction how to create multiple gallery step by step. I am not that well verse in html bit still able to get Simple viewer up on singale gallery. Thks.

I saw this posting by Sara

Right multiple galleries - it really is easy once you know how.(I had a technical friend work this out for me (and the cat in this forum!), but i thought I would share because I struggled with it for days)
first of all create all your galleries in their seperate folders (keeping xml, swf, object, thumbs, images, index etc in same folder) Place these whole folder in your root folder (make sure you give the folders differnent names - ie photogallery, poem gallery, whatever)
In your root folder make your webpages as normal. Then place the html file you have made that you want the veiwer to appear on in the correct gallery folder (that you have just created (see above) (you probably could just make it in the correct folder in the first place thinking about it)
then delete that index file that was generated by default. Now this html file will talk to the xml, swf ect files because it is in the same folder. You need to add the code to the html file as you would normally so that it plays the flash movie (dont forget the header script)
Then all you need to do is make sure you check all the links to the html file as it is now in you gallery folder. (give each gallery folder a different name)
hope this helps and saves people a lot of time
sarah

Could Sara or any one can help to clarify this area of instruction?

In your root folder make your webpages as normal. Then place the html file you have made that you want the veiwer to appear on in the correct gallery folder (that you have just created (see above) (you probably could just make it in the correct folder in the first place thinking about it)
then delete that index file that was generated by default. Now this html file will talk to the xml, swf ect files because it is in the same folder. You need to add the code to the html file as you would normally so that it plays the flash movie (dont forget the header script)
Then all you need to do is make sure you check all the links to the html file as it is now in you gallery folder. (give each gallery folder a different name)

I am using Dreamweaver.

Thks

Have you taken a look at FAQ 16 and the example included with it?

16: How do I create multiple galleries?

To create multiple SimpleViewer galleries, make a copy of the whole SimpleViewer gallery folder for each gallery. Create your individual galleries as normal. You can now create a menu page that links to the index.html page in each sub-folder. Here is an example that contains a menu to navigate between 2 SimpleViewer galleries.

You can also embed 2 galleries on one HTML page, view the example here. When you do this, ensure you give each viewer a different div id.

SimpleViewer-Pro allows you to load multiple galleries into one container Flash movie. Check the multiple_galleries.fla example.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/faq.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.