Topic: Is it possible to have a background color in the caption area?

Hello everyone!

In the webpage I am constructing, I am using SV with fixed layout. Due to my design, I want the captions to display over the main image. I regulate this through setting "captionUnderThumbs" to false and setting appropiate values of "captionPadding", "captionX", "captionY" for the position, and "captionHeight" and "captionWidth" which define the caption area.

Since some pictures are light and other are dark, it is difficult to find a caption font color that works all the time. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to have a background color in the caption area that guarantees that the captions can be read independently of the lightness of the image.

I would like to have a dark color in the background (black or dark grey) and white text. Is it possible at all?

If it is possible to have it, would it be possible to have the color with a certain transparency? (so that it is possible to distinguish the image under the text).

Thanks for your help

Marc

Re: Is it possible to have a background color in the caption area?

Yes it is possible, just add an empty movie clip to StageManager.as position it behind the captions and change it's color and alpha.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

If you have a fixed layout you could also load a background image in with your caption background. Use the 'backgroundImagePath' option: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/options.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike, Felix

Thank you for your answers. But since I am almost analphabet in flash, it seems too complicated.

I will have to do live with that.

Thanks anyway.