Topic: Problem with XML

Hey guys,

i have a problem with TiltViewer Pro.

I have a Webserver. There are 2 websites hosted. On the first website there is already a gallery installed and it works (with xml).On this server there is a second xml hosted its like a copy of the other xml file.
On the second website i want to install a second gallery the only difference is, that this gallery should get the informations from the xml on the first website. if i change the path to the images in the xml to an absolute path i cant see any pictures. I first thought i took the wrong url. I checked it and if i go to the url from the xml in the browser directly i can see the picture. Dont know if its a problem with absolut paths in tiltviewer.

Hope you can help me solving this problem.

Sorry for my english...just german school english big_smile

Write if something is not understandabble

Re: Problem with XML

By two websites do you mean yoursite.com and someothersite.com right?  You have two options just duplicate the gallery for the second site or linking. Sometimes absolute urls cause issues, but it can also be other things. Do you have image stealing/hot linking protection on your sites? If so, did you allow your second site to be able to link to the images? Have you tried local server paths like /home/username/public_html/theimagefolder/?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hey,

yes that's what i mean with "two websites". I cant duplicate it because there are different pics in the gallerys. I think it is an issue with absolute paths. There is no linkstealing protection on the server.
But you are right with local paths but it is not what i want to do....want to avoid this.

Thanks for your post... i think i have to try something other.

If the pictures are different why do you need to link from one site to another?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.