Topic: making an image clickable

I need to be able to click anywhere on the current image to link to another page.  Is the only way to do this by editing the source?  If so, can someone explain what exactly needs to be done in the source so this can be done? Seems so basic, but I have been unable to do it thus far... Help!

Re: making an image clickable

Yes this will require you to make changes to the source. I would take a look at how the other buttons are instantiated in StageManager.as and then make the image a button. You will also probably want to add an xml link value in XMLManager.as and in gallery.xml so that you know where to link to.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Would each image need to be a unique button? I'm not clear what you mean by add an xml link value. I'm not a programmer, i'm a designer so this seems so complicated.. I can't believe there's not an easier way of just making it clickable. Do you know of any other simpler way of achieving this without having to go into the source.  Would creating a transparent gif in the xml file and wrapping the link around that work?

You have two options, you can either put a hyper link in the captions or you can edit the source. There are no explicit how tos for this unless someone has posted one in the forums. If you do not understand how to edit the source you may need to hire someone.

Please note that the AutoViewer-Pro source code is provided 'as-is' to allow people with ActionScript experience to modify as required. Airtight Interactive cannot provide support for all possible modifications to the source code and cannot provide tutorials on how to code ActionScript.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … tml#source

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yeah, adding a hyperlink to the caption won't do the trick as it only hyperlinks what's in the caption and I need the entire image to be clickable. This is really disappointing that this basic feature is not included in the pro version. I've seen so many posts on this forum going back a couple years, and I can't believe this feature has not been added despite the obvious demand for it. I regret buying this product!

i have the same question

anybody with the real solution?

please!   big_smile