Topic: Embedding Simpleviewer

I am new to this so please bear with me! I have uploaded a complete gallery folder to my server, created a new page and added the 2 bits of code to that page. The generated gallery works fine until I try to see it on the new page, and all I get is a message saying SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash. I've got them - what's the problem ?

Re: Embedding Simpleviewer

Please post the url of the gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks. it's http://www.libraimages.co.uk/gallery.htm

where is the viewer.swf? according to your html it should be in same folder as your gallery.htm, but I'm not seeing it. http://www.libraimages.co.uk/viewer.swf

Mike Richards

The viewer.swf is in the folder with all the other stuff I uploaded, but I don't know how to embed it into the gallery page.

You either need to have the viewer.swf, gallery.xml and the two image folders in the same folder as your gallery.htm or you need to update your files to point to the correct directories.

if you are going to update your files to point to the correct directories it should look something like this i your gallery.htm

var fo = new SWFObject("theFolderName\viewer.swf", "viewer", "640", "640", "8", "#181818");
fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "theFolderName\gallery.xml");
fo.write("flashcontent");

In your xml:
theFolderName/images/wide.jpg

Mike Richards

I have added these folders into the root folder, along with gallery.htm, but I really want the gallery to be part of the page, not a separate page. Is this possible?

You can embed simpleviewer into which ever page you would like you just need to make sure the code in that html is linking to the swf, xml and images.

Mike Richards