Topic: embedding galleries

Hi!

i just bought svmanager. And it works great. I have created sevral galleries
and now i wanto embedd them into diffrent parts of the website.

It loads the gallery but there is no images in it. The gallery is working if i go to its direktlink.
anyone who can tell me what ive done wrong?

<script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject("svmanager/g1/autoviewer.swf", "autoviewer", "550px", "390px", "8", "#000000");       

//Optional Configuration
        //fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");
        //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");   
        fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "svmanager/g1/gallery.xml");                   

fo.write("flashcontent");   

</script>   

The page that i wanto embedd the gallery in is in root
and the gallery is in svmanager/g1

Re: embedding galleries

Please see this example of a gallery in the web root (actually a sub-domain in the example but it works the same).

Please read the notes under the gallery on the example page. I guess your problem is with the default relative image links.

When you move the index file out of the gallery folder, it's also necessary to set the path in the <head> section that loads swfobject. I think you already did this but just thought I'd mention it for others who might be reading this.

Galleries in the root has suddenly become a hot topic over the last few weeks so I'm thinking about how to make it easier in future. I just want to avoid the trap of making it easier to put galleries in the root and harder for everyone else – ideas and suggestions welcome.

jack

Last edited by jack (2009-09-29 08:53:42)

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

oh sorry i thougt i deleted this post?

becouse i found your example site just after i posted the question.
But Thank you for the answer!

No worries, I'll leave the post up in case it helps somebody else.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.