Topic: Photoshop CS4 plugin, two questions

I am using the Photoshop CS4 script creating a gallery. I notice that the pictures order in the XML is completly random. Is there any setting/workaround to order the pictures during running the script. This will save me a lot of time.

Is the script for the pro version the same as for the free version?

Last edited by arachnid (2009-10-02 14:05:41)

Re: Photoshop CS4 plugin, two questions

The script is the same for both versions you just replace the viewer.swf to make it the pro version. I do not know if you can set an order with the Photoshop script. I know you can with Picasa and Lightroom

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Do I get the sourcecode for the Photoshop script when I purchase the Pro

The scripts are not included with the pro download. I'm still using CS3 and that plugin is not packaged as MXP files, so you can just edit the plugin. When you installed the plugin did it add the files to your plugin folder? In CS2 and CS3 they are found in \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Scripts\airtight_interactive\simple_viewer. See the links below for more info.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … truct.html

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … #photoshop

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have found the jsx file and compared this one with the script file for autoviewer, simple viewe and tilt viewer. The script are equal for file open and write to xml.
How can I change the script so it is sorting the files in a certain order and not random?

inputFolder.getFiles() is the troublemaker. The output of the array is unsorted, the next step is to find a function to sort the array.

O, that's dead simple. Just "fileList.sort()" and the array is sorted by name.
The script SimpleViewer.jsx is changed to:

function OpenFolder(inputFolder, outputFolder, fileType, imageSize) {
        var filesOpened = 0;
        //alert(inputFolder);
        //alert(outputFolder);
        var fileList = inputFolder.getFiles();
        fileList.sort();
        for ( var i = 0; i < fileList.length; i++ ) {

Last edited by arachnid (2009-10-02 20:20:11)