Topic: Vertical Scroll Bar Stuck

Everything fits nicely with Fire Fox but with IE8 the vertical scroll bar persists regardless. (Visable even with small pics.) I've have tried changing the overflow parameter from overflow: hidden; to overflow: auto, but with no results. As the selected picture automatically resizes to the available browser area, the vertical scroll bar is superflous and visually distracting. I am using the defaults for everything and generating the xml and index files using Picassa.

Re: Vertical Scroll Bar Stuck

Have you tried changing the swf size to match the screen size you are trying for?

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "600", "800", "9.0.28", "#000000");
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "600", "800", "9.0.28", "#000000");

The above un-edited results in a left squashed window, still with the vert bar.
This is what is in my index.html file now:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818");

Again, it seems to be just with IE and SimpleViewer and not FireFox and SimpleViewer.
My main web site, for example, being small, has no vertical nor horizontal scroll bars:

www.zebryk.com

Do you need to purchase the Pro version so as to remove the SimpleViewer link in the lower right corner?

Yes, you need to pro version to remove the link. I'm not seeing a simpleviewer gallery at that link.

Mike Richards

http://zebryk.com is just an example of a really small page demonstrating the vertical bar issue is related to IE8 AND SimpleViewer somehow.

Regarding the SimpleViewer link in the free version, I was wondering if this was related to the vertical bar issue with IE8 and whether purchasing the Pro version would solve the problem.

Again, it seems that something within SimpleViewer is telling IE8 to enable the vertical scroll bar regardless of the size of the image.

I believe the proper behaviour should be Automatic wherein IF the image height was greater than the active window, THEN
the bar would be displayed?

Purchasing the Pro version will not change how IE8 is behaving. If overflow: hidden; on the simpleviewer div did not work, it maybe that it is not Simpleviewer, but another element in the page. If you would like me to take a look at your page please post your URL.

http://zebryk.com is just an example of a really small page demonstrating the vertical bar issue is related to IE8 AND SimpleViewer somehow.

I don't understand how this is an example of the issue if they are not using simpleviewer.

Mike Richards