Topic: Am I really that blonde? I can't get this thing to work on my website!

I created my gallery in CS3, replaced the viewer.swf file with the one from the Pro folder, and uploaded everything in my folder to a folder on my website.  When I try to view it online, I get this message:  SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash.

The thing is: I HAVE both JavaScript and Flash player already.  But, I clicked the link and re-installed it anyway, restarted everything, tried to load the page and got the same message.  In every browser I try.

Am I maybe using the wrong web address to try to view my gallery?  The documentation isn't really clear on what exactly I should be linking to....

Here's the address I'm trying to use:  http://www.hisandherscreative.com/previ … index.html

My website is: www.hisandherscreative.com

I've created a folder called "previews" and one inside that titled "linda"  (I'm trying to link to the index.html file.  Should I be linking to something else?)

Is there something else I need to upload?  (I've uploaded everything SVP put in my destination folder, but that's it.  The documentation says to upload stuff from the web folder, but it's files with the same names as mine, and I don't want to overwrite them!)

Can somebody please help me???

Thanks, in advance!!

Re: Am I really that blonde? I can't get this thing to work on my website!

Hi,

Look in the folder that you uploaded and make sure that there is a file named swfobject.js in it that must be in the folder with the viewer.swf, gallery.xml files along with the images & thumb folders.

racerx wrote:

Hi,

Look in the folder that you uploaded and make sure that there is a file named swfobject.js in it that must be in the folder with the viewer.swf, gallery.xml files along with the images & thumb folders.

Yup, that one is there! 

I was able to get it to KIND OF work when I link to the viewer.swf file.  (The background is the wrong color for some reason.)

But shouldn't it work when I link to the index.html file?  That one works fine when I open it on my computer, which is making me think something is missing on the server.... 

Here's what's on the server, in my linda folder:

.DS_Store
gallery.xml
index.html
readme.html
simpleviewer.fla
swfobject.js
uni05_54.ttf
viewer.swf

Hi,

OK first remove these files from the linda folder on the server simpleviewer.fla, uni05_54.ttf and the readme.html. Also I do not see the images and thumb folders listed in your list bellow, and there is no path made for them (if there in another location) in the gallery.xml. Are these somewhere else on the server? Also what version of SV Pro are you using?

Sorry about that!  The images and thumbs folders are also in that folder.  (I was looking at the files, and forgot to list the folders.)

I'm using SV Pro 1.9

Hi,

OK I was just looking at the source of the html page you have in that folder. I think there is the problem in the div tag at the bottom of that html file. Yours looks like

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>    <script type="text/javascript">        var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#000000");    
// SIMPLEVIEWER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS// To use an option, uncomment it by removing the "//" at the start of the line        
// For a description of config options, go to
// http:www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/options.html
//fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");        
//fo.addVariable("firstImageIndex", "5");        
//fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");        
//fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");        
//fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xFFFFFF");        fo.write("flashcontent");    </script></body></html>

It should look like

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a>.</div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#000000");
        fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xffffff");
        fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");
        fo.write("flashcontent");
    </script>
</body>
</html>

There is // at the beginning of lines 4 through 11 in yours. These // tells flash not read those remove these // and that should correct the issue.

Thank you!! 

I'll give that a shot after dinner, and let you know if it works!

It worked!

Thank you!!!!

Just wondering:

Can anyone tell me WHY my SVP is adding these unnecessary slashes, and how to make it stop??

Also, the last time I rendered my gallery, it started it on "5" instead of "0" and I had to change it manually to get it to start at the beginning.

How do I make it do it the right way, so I don't have to change things manually after creating a gallery???

Hi,

the HTML code that the CS3 script creates should work without any modification. Can you try uploading the original HTML file that is created by CS3 so I can take a look? thanks.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,

I wish it worked without modification, because that would be much simpler!   tongue

Here's the code from the index.html file, without modification:

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>SimpleViewer</title>
<!-- Download SimpleViewer at www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">
    /* hide from ie on mac \*/
    html {
        height: 100%;
        overflow: hidden;
    }

#flashcontent {
    }
    /* end hide */

body {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        background-color: #000000;
        color:#ffffff;
        font-family:sans-serif;
        font-size:20;
    }

a {   
        color:#cccccc;
    }
</style>
</head>
<body>
    <div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
    <script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#000000");

// SIMPLEVIEWER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
        // To use an option, uncomment it by removing the "//" at the start of the line
        // For a description of config options, go to:
        // http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

//fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");
        //fo.addVariable("firstImageIndex", "5");
        //fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");
        //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");
        //fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xFFFFFF");

fo.write("flashcontent");
    </script>
</body>
</html>

When I upload this to the server—complete with the rest of the files and images, of course—it doesn't work.  I try to load it in my browser, and I get the error message that I reported in the first post.  sad

I've noticed that your index.html file does not have a DOCTYPE Declaration.
Without a DTD, your browser will operate in quirks mode and pages may not be rendered as expected.
Put the following code at the very top of the index.html page.  It might not solve your problems but it can't do any harm.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
Steven Speirs

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot.  (I'm already in there editing anyway....)  tongue

The HTML code that you posted is identical to the HTML code that comes in the SimpleViewer V1.9 download index.html file so it should work fine in any browser.

What error message do you get when you open the HTML file that is generated by PhotoShop? Are you testing locally or on a web server?

Felix Turner

Okay, now I'm really confused:

I generated a slideshow gallery identical to the one I've been having problems with.  I uploaded it to a test folder on my server, so I could give you a link so you could see it for yourself, and when I loaded the page, it works.

Earlier this evening, I uploaded that IDENTICAL file to a folder one level deeper, and it didn't work.  It gave me the error message:

SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash.

I had to delete the backslashes in order for it to work.  But I just now uploaded the same index file to the same folder, and it works!

What is going on?????