Topic: Change gallery thumbnails' order

Hello,

I've searched through the forum for an answer, but I couldn't find how to change thumbnails order. I know that you can sort them by age or name in the admin (I'm using svManager), but that's no good for what I'm trying to do. Is there a file I can edit, or anything?

Thank you!

Re: Change gallery thumbnails' order

Which version of svManager are you using? The version number is on the Admin screen at bottom left. Since version 1.2.0, there is a sort screen with a drag and drop sort. If you need to upgrade svManager then download the latest version using the link that was sent to you when you first bought it. The link is good for 5 downloads. Upgrade instructions are in the user manual.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm using the 1.5.1 version, but my issue is not about pictures inside one particular gallery, but the order of the index page for ALL the galleries. You can change the display by age or alphabetical order ("Galleries" page in svManager), and that's it. Is there any other way?

Sorry – didn't understand first time around.

The only ways to sort the listing on the galleries page are by reference number, title and gallery type.

You asked if there was a file that you can edit. There is but it's in an internal format generated by the php serialize function and it's not designed to be easy to edit. If you want to take a look then the file is svmanager/data/gallerydata.txt.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I checked that gallerydata file: it is merely impossible to edit!
I'll have to leave my thumbnails the way they are

thank you just the same!