Topic: Images Not Showing Up - Just White X's

I have been working on this for a while and the only thing that is showing up is two x's.   I have validated that the images are there and the path is correct.  Not sure what else to do??

Re: Images Not Showing Up - Just White X's

Please post the url for your gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

that happens to me whenever my images are .JPG instead of .jpg

Here is my url..

http://www.sqftgalleries.com/simpleview … opertyid=2

I am using Coldfusion to ouput an xml file that the gallery uses.   I have looked at the ouput and it is as follows..

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <simpleviewerGallery maximageHeight='640' maximageWidth='640' textColor='0xFFFFFF' frameColor='0xffffff' frameWidth='10' navPadding='20' stagePadding='30' thumbnailColumns='3' thumbnailRows='3' navPosition='left' title='' enableRightClickOpen='false' backgroundimagePath='' thumbPath='thumbs/' imagePath='images/'> <image> <filename>Winter Leaves.jpg</filename> </image> <image> <filename>Tree.jpg</filename> </image> <image> <filename>Oryx Antelope.jpg</filename> </image> </simpleviewerGallery>

Thanks for any help!

Sorry..this is the address

http://www.sqftgalleries.com/simpleview … opertyid=4

The xml you are using is not valid you need match the gallery.xml that comes with SimpleViewer, for example you are missing the <caption></caption> tags.

Mike Richards

Thanks for the reply.  I had thought that earlier and actually tried putting in the caption tags with no avail.  I just put them back in again ..

Here's the xml:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <simpleviewerGallery maximageHeight='640' maximageWidth='640' textColor='0xFFFFFF' frameColor='0xffffff' frameWidth='10' navPadding='20' stagePadding='30' thumbnailColumns='3' thumbnailRows='3' navPosition='left' title='' enableRightClickOpen='false' backgroundimagePath='' thumbPath='thumbs/' imagePath='images/'> <image> <filename>ist2_2085306-luxury-home.jpg</filename> <caption>test</caption> </image> </simpleviewerGallery>

And still get the x's

Could trailing spaces in the xml be a problem?

You need the caption tags in the xml unless you edit the Actionscript to remove them. You can leave them empty if you do not want a caption.

If I go to ist2_2085306-luxury-home.jpg in the thumbs or images folders I'm getting a 404.

Mike Richards

You wouldn't have found them b/c I had pointed the imagePath to another folder where they were stored.  But, just to test, I copied the images over to the "thumbs" and "images" folder that is inside the "simpleviewer" folder.   I also cleared out the imagePath that I had entered so its default.   I access the image fine at
http://www.sqftgalleries.com/simpleview … y-home.jpg

Is that the correct default location for images? 

Thanks for helping.  I have racked my brain all week.

Miker - Thanks for your help - I finally figured it out.  I went about creating my Dynamic XML in my Coldfusion file another way.  I used the CFXML variable to build the xml where before I was just using a regular variable. 

Thanks again.