Topic: Problem with image uploader. Get java error

Hi,

I have just installed svmanager on my web hosting site. The program works fine and i can log in, create a gallery etc, however unfortunately the only thing that doesn't work (and it's fairly vital i guess!) is the image uploader. When I try to lauch it I get the following error:

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_15
Using JRE version 1.6.0_15-b03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Valentina
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

load: class javaatwork.myuploader.UploadApplet.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javaatwork.myuploader.UploadApplet.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://66.7.221.70/~mikecons/svmanager/uploader/javaatwork/myuploader/UploadApplet/class.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    ... 7 more
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javaatwork.myuploader.UploadApplet.class

Is this something to do with the web server or my PC? Any ideas how this can be fixed or if there is a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Mike

Re: Problem with image uploader. Get java error

Hmmm.... turns out my hosting company supports javascript but not java....could this be it? If so can someone recommend a hosting company that provides cheap space but supports java so that the image uploader works?

...turns out my hosting company supports javascript but not java...

That's pretty unusual since all the server has to do is to download the applet and then it runs in the local machine. Have you tried a different browser? Have you tried a different local computer altogether? If you'd like to email me your access details via the forum then I'll see if I can work it from my Mac.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Did you solve your issue?

I have the same issue, can somebody help me??

I don't know what happened with this one but I'll make the same offer again. If you email me via the forum with the url for your svManager installation, user name and password then I'll try to do an upload from my Mac and see if I can make sense of any error messages.

Did you install the svManager server compatibility test on your server? I suggest you do install it and tell me where to find it. I might get some more clues that way.

jack

Jack Hardie

Thanks for your help!

We found the problem, java applet do not work with mod_security enable on the server.

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem - I've run the test fine, its been working well for 6 months(ish) only had a problem since the latest java update. Are there some class files missing or something?

I'd really appreciate the help.

only had a problem since the latest java update

This seems to imply a problem on your local computer rather than a server problem. Can you try svManager from another computer, or email me via the forum with a url, user and pass and I'll try it from my mac.

Windows machines sometimes have a problem with java upgrades. Sometimes it can be fixed by deleting the old java versions in the Windows control panel.

Might also be worth downloading the latest version of svmTest and seeing if there is any difference.

jack

Jack Hardie

Will send an email, I've done everything you've suggested... but no luck.

Hi Jack,

Did you receive my email? I'm really struggling, tried multiple machines, o/s and browsers but still no luck.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Marc