Topic: Changing Image Transitions?

I have a photographer specializing in re-touching, what he is looking for is the "fast" transition that occurs like when you switch between images in AdobeBridge . . . . faster. . .  without a black frame.

Anyone have a recommendation to achieve this?

Re: Changing Image Transitions?

With SimpleViewer Pro in Options.as you can change the fade length of the transitions between images.

imageFadeLength      5      Image fade tween length (frames)

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … tions.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That was the first thing I tried, and the initial reason for upgrading to PRO. The issue is that when the FrameRate is lowered the transition wipes, rather than refreshes. . . . I am looking more for a tween between images. . . .? Is that possible?

here is the site page with the viewer.swf set to zero frames of tween. . . .still has a blink:

http://www.heartofbullstudio.com/fashio … index.html

Last edited by prestonnoon (2009-11-04 16:20:55)

The flash you are seeing is the the background spilling through for a split second between when the first image is remove and then the second image is added.  It looks like both the white background and your removal of the tween with reduction of the imageFadeLength accentuate this issue. You may be able to go into image.as and play with the transitions and the order the images are loaded to change this.

Mike Richards

Is this the right place to start?

mFadeTween = new Tween(mClip_mc,"_alpha",null,100,100,1,false);

Yes, that is where you would start.

Mike Richards

I am barely an ActionScript wrangler. . .  .can someone define these variables for me? . . . .just before I attempt blind gleaning.

Last edited by prestonnoon (2009-11-06 16:23:49)

Please note that the SimpleViewer-Pro source code is provided 'as-is' to allow people with ActionScript experience to modify as required. Airtight Interactive cannot provide support for all possible modifications to the source code and cannot provide tutorials on how to code ActionScript.

Felix Turner