Topic: images appearing as white Xs

Hi,

I've just managed to incorporate simpleviewer into my magento site which is still on localhost.

However, all I can see is a black background with white X's. I'm using an absolute path for imagePath and thumbPath. Here's my gallery.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewergallery maxImageWidth="480" maxImageHeight="480" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xFFFFFF" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="40" navPadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" vAlign="center" hAlign="center" title="SimpleViewer Gallery" enableRightClickOpen="true" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="http://localhost/battery/skin/frontend/default/f001/simpleviewer/images/" thumbPath="http://localhost/battery/skin/frontend/default/f001/simpleviewer/thumbs/">
<image>
    <filename>wide.jpg</filename>
    <caption><![CDATA[Captions can be HTML formatted. Supported tags are <b>bold</b>, <u>underline</u>, <i>italics</i>, <u><a href="http://www.google.com" target="_blank">hyperlinks</a></u>, linebreaks<br> and <font color="#ffff00" size="30">font tags</font>.]]></caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <filename>tall.jpg</filename>
    <caption>One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin. He lay on his armour-like back, and if he lifted his head a little he could see his brown belly, slightly domed and divided by arches into stiff sections.</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>The bedding was hardly able to cover it and seemed ready to slide off any moment. His many legs, pitifully thin compared with the size of the rest of him, waved about helplessly as he looked. "What's happened to me? " he thought. It wasn't a dream.</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 4</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 5</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 6</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 7</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 8</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 9</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 10</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 11</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <caption>Caption 12</caption>   
</image>
</simpleviewergallery>

What do you suggest?

Last edited by ChefMaha (2009-11-03 13:14:06)

Re: images appearing as white Xs

I would give it a try without absolute paths.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Actually, since I'm on magento, it's not that simple to use relative paths.. cuz I really have no idea where my page is located exactly.. So I'm gonna need to use absolute paths..

any clue?

Good News: when I restarted my machine, I saw the pictures properly.. However for some reason, the displayed picture's size is too small.. How can I enlarge it?

got that one figured out: just add height:100% to html and body tags