Topic: Loading flash_embed.swf

I have a as3 site that loaded everything though XML, trying to get Tilt Viewer pro loaded in but can't seem to do so, i'm loading the file flash_embed.swf provided but i'm getting this error

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at flash_embed_fla::MainTimeline/setOptions()

I need help with this please.

Re: Loading flash_embed.swf

Hi,

don't load the 'flash_embed.swf', load the TiltViewer.swf. 'flash_embed.fla' is an example showing how to load TiltViewer. Open it Flash IDE to see the code.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Loading tiltviewer directly does not work, theres no place for me to insert all the option code without that middle embed file

Loading tiltviewer directly does not work

why not? Did you try running the flash_embed example?

Felix Turner

Because I am adding this to a SECTION of my website I don't want it to just pop up right away, and the way the site is structured all the actions reside in a separate AS file not in the main timeline (like the example file) and all my sections are called through a XML file (not like the example file)  so there is no place to insert that timeline code like the example file has it set up.

It should be fairly straight forward to copy and paste that code into any actionscript file.

Felix Turner

It's not.  Since your example does not have it in a AS file and I tried and it's just not working, what kind of support can you offer for this implementation?

what errors are you seeing?

Felix Turner

TiltViewer is still not responding or loading while being loaded under the hood of this framework.  It seems like it's got to do with scope -- it's loading the movie into some sub-scope, and that is probably freaking out TiltViewer. 

I get the error I specified in my first post above, although i'm able to get rid of the error by changing the options code to this, but I get the same results, no tilt viewer. sad

ldr.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.INIT, setOptions);
function setOptions(e:Event){
  var options:Object = Object(ldr.content).embedOptions;
  if (options == null){
    options = {};
    Object(ldr.content).embedOptions = options;
  }
  //Set example options here
  options.columns = 3;
  options.rows = 2;
  options.useReloadButton = false;
  options.bkgndTransparent = true;
  options.useFlickr = false;
  options.xmlURL = "gallery.xml";
  options.maxJPGSize = 640;
  options.bkgndTransparent = true;
}

Some time back I was facing similar problem and got fixed at that time. Once again I was trying to do the same thing but fail to remember how did I fix it.

I am trying to load  everything though XML, trying to get Tilt Viewer pro loaded.
I'm loading the file flash_my.swf and getting this error

TypeError: Error #1008: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

Nybody has idea to remove this error??