Topic: Problem building gallery

i intially ran the test for svmanager and everything was fine.  i purchased the program and followed all instructions uploading it to my server.

when i open the manager and try to build a gallery and upload pictures i get a error message and no pictures upload.

i decided to run the test again and this is what it came up with.

Basic testsTest Result OK?
Php version 5.2.11 ✔
Safe mode off ✔
GD graphics library version 0 ✘
XML parser functions available ✔

Sorry: your server does not meet the basic requirements to run svManager

find this interesting since my server supports all the requirements including GD grpahics library version
GD Version  bundled (2.0.34 compatible) 

Please help

Re: Problem building gallery

Mmm – yes that is interesting.

One thing to clear-up first. The GD extension is only used for creating thumbnails so even if something goes wrong at this point then the main images should be uploaded ok and should show in the gallery – just no thumbnails. Is that what you are seeing?

It's strange that the test reported ok the first time and then gave a different result when you ran it again. The test code was the same so something must have changed on the server.

Before I suggest where to go next – how familiar are you with php?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am not that familiar with php.  I have always used frontpage for everything in the past but ugraded to exprssion web a few weeks ok. Trying update whole website. When I run upload php it will start the process then proceed to close with an error.

Don't know where to go from here

Thanks
Donald

What is the error message you are getting?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

i posted the error message recieved when i ran the test.

the error message i recieve when trying to upload is just "error"   does not give me any further information.