Topic: Suggestions for liquid layout or scroll bars

I have set up this site using absolute positioning and as you can probably guess there are browser issues as well as issues when the images are shorter in height: www.davidbarrphotography.com

Any advice on how to either add scroll bars (left to right and top to bottom) or how to keep the current layout but in liquid form that would be compatible for more screens?

Thank you in advance for your help smile

Last edited by jlhwebgal (2009-11-19 04:33:29)

Re: Suggestions for liquid layout or scroll bars

to add a scroll bar with css use.

overflow-x:scroll;
overflow-y:scroll;
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you. The scrollbars appear and yet do not work...

staging.davidbarrphotography.com

I would be interested in a solution to keep this layout and allow the elements to be liquid so the caption text would change based on display capabilities and the thumbnails would adjust based on the image height (so when the image is in landscape the gap wouldn't be so large as it is now)

Suggestions greatly appreciated :-)

Last edited by jlhwebgal (2009-11-19 18:41:55)

The scrollbars appear and yet do not work...

In what way don't they work? Looks good here on Mac/FireFox.

If you want a resizable layout you need to not use the fixed layout options.

Felix Turner

How can I not use fixed layout and still get things placed the way they are now?

The scrollbars have no scroll capability. Are you on a screen that needs to scroll to see the captions?

The scrollbars have no scroll capability.

OK I guess you are talking about the horizontal scrollbar.

Like I said on your other post about this issue:

"If the SWF width is set to 1000 px wide and the browser is smaller than that, the browser should show a left-right scroll bar. Not sure why it is not in your case, I am guessing it's an issue in the HTML code. Try stripping out some of the CSS and tables until you see the scroll bars."

Please note that we cannot provide HTML tutorials or support on this forum. Also please don't post multiple posts about the same issue - it makes it hard for others  to track solutions. thanks.

Felix Turner