Topic: Cannot view into galleries

Hello, I've just bought Svmanager, installed and created the first gallery, but when i try to view into appears the "500 internal server error". I can only see the Galleries main page (little pic and name of galleries). Some one know the solution? Thanks

Re: Cannot view into galleries

don't I need to install also the four type of galleries (simple, tilt, auto and postcard viewer) true? they are already in the Svmanager program no?

The four types of gallery (standard version) are already installed in svManager.

Which type of gallery are you using?

Can you give me a url or email me via the forum so I can take a look at your site?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the url. I can see the error page when I try  to view the gallery.

1. Do you get the same problem if you create a SimpleViewer gallery?

2. What are the permissions on /champ/index.php? Some servers will not run a php file if the permissions are not correct. Check with your server documentation or help system to see if this is the case for your server.

3. Try changing the extension on /champ/index.php to /champ/index.html. Do you still get a 500 error?

jack

Jack Hardie

After some tries, tilt view is the only that dont work, and i cant create more than 1 gallery per folder: in my ftp folder "champ" svmanager create (images, thumbs folders, autoviewer.swf, gallery.xml, index.php, preferences.txt, readme.html,swfobject.js)
so i cant create more than a gallery here.

Last edited by unrealab (2009-11-21 20:59:03)

i've installed the program:

1) in the root www.mysite.com/svmanager/index.php it says "You have no galleries" - but if i browse to www.mysite.com/svmanager/avsamplegallery or tvsamplegallery and so on, I can see all the images.

2) if I create a new gallery in /champ/ path from web root and named it "prova", when I look into the www.mysite.com/champ folder I dont see any "prova" folder, but 2 folders (images - thumbs) and 6 files (autoviewer.swf - gallery.xml - index.php - preferences.txt - readme.html - swfobject.js)  ---> so if i try to create many more galleries in that path Svmanager report me that the folder is not empty. ---> if I browse to www.mysite.com/champ immediatly starts the *view and it dont show me the name of gallery

3) as you suggested I modify index.php to index.html in the www.mysite.com/champ, this way the *view gallery starts, but i didnt change index.php in the 4 samplegalleries included in svmanager and I can see all of those galleries....strange

4) into the program when i create a new gallery i cant see it clicking on the button VIEW ---> probably because index.php

5) why if i create a Tiltview it doesnt work?

6) permission of all folders is setted to 775, and when i create a new gallery it sets some differents permissions 775-777-665? and something like this, and it depends of the type of file/folder

Ok, im trying to explain clearly what happends to my site, in order to solve this problem together quickly. Thanks for the help

Do you really need to put more than one gallery in the same folder?

The easiest way is that each gallery has its own folder and you link to them with your site navigation.

I see that you have two directories Gabriele and Champ.

What do you want the site visitor to see when they click on Champ?

jack

Jack Hardie

Umh...ok the site is divided in 2 parts, mine /champ and of my friend /gabriele.  We are two photographer and i understand that Svmanager is able to manage more than a gallery per page, or wrong?
http://www.simpleviewer.net/svmanager/demo/index.php
if this kind of page is only for the admin section it's ok, and i make a mistake with the program. i probably didnt understand that

So let's look ahead and imagine your site is all finished and I come along and click on champ what do I see?

jack

Jack Hardie

ok jack i solve the problem...but now the question is: how to work tiltviewer? i change index.php to index.html but the problem persists. i can see tvsamplegallery without any problems

i can see tvsamplegallery without any problems

Ah – that's interesting! So what is the difference between this gallery and new ones that you create?

Here are a few things to try:

• Check that the Max image size setting in the svManager customize screen is set to the largest dimension (width or height) of you images.

• Try a new gallery with very small images

• Unlist your TiltViewer gallery from the galleries screen in svManager and then import it again. This will change the permissions.

jack

Jack Hardie