Topic: Caption doesn't show

Hi, could anyone give me a hint  smile why I don't see the caption under the main image: http://www.bewegt.info/gallery1/index.htm

gallery.xml starts like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewergallery maxImageWidth="445" maxImageHeight="350" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xFFFFFF" frameWidth="0" stagePadding="0" navPadding="0" thumbnailColumns="0" thumbnailRows="0" navPosition="left" vAlign="center" hAlign="center" title="nebellichter" enableRightClickOpen="false" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="" thumbPath="">
<image>
    <filename>2009_02_20-146.jpg</filename>
    <caption>nebellichter "drei individuen, drei geschichten oder vielleicht ein und dieselbe...!?"</caption>   
</image>

some options.as variables:

static var captionUnderThumbs:Boolean = false;    

static var imageFrameColor:Number = null;
static var thumbnailFrameColor:Number = null;
static var pagingArrowsColor:Number = 0xFFFFFF;
static var captionTextColor:Number = 0xFFFFFF;
static var titleTextColor:Number = 0xFFFFFF;

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Caption doesn't show

I'm thinking that the captions maybe there, but they are being pushed off the stage. Try making your swf larger.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks for your input. i am assuming you are talking about this section in the index file: var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "445", "350", "8", "#000000")
i changed both "445", "350" but still no caption. any other ideas?

I wasn't even thinking... captions wont show up unless you have thumbnails visible. In order to get the captions to show without thumbnails you will have to edit the source.

Mike Richards

thanks. i am assuming with source you mean "StageManager.as". would you have any hint which part or do you know a place where i could get that information? thanks in advance.

In StageManager.as remove  "&& mThumbArea.pageSize > 0" from if (Options.showCaptions && mThumbArea.pageSize > 0){

Mike Richards