Topic: Caption Links & Thumbnails

3 questions:

I'm using SVManager with Simple Viewer Pro and I've figured out most of it, except for items which I still want to customize (and can't find answers to in the forums or other resources).

1.  In the main gallery index page of SV Manager, how do I change the size of the gallery thumbnails?  I can't find the code that would allow me to change it

2.  In the main gallery index page of SV Manager, how to I take the underlines off of the links to galleries?

3.  In Simple Viewer Pro, I want to continue using captions on my gallery images.  I have figured out how to remove the underlines, but what I really want to do is make sure that it isn't an active link.  I don't want the full sized image loading up in a new window, or at all, when the end user clicks on the caption. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I love the code, but sometimes it's hard to find certain things!

Re: Caption Links & Thumbnails

how do I change the size of the gallery thumbnails?

In the current version of svManager there is no easy way do this since the same set of thumbnails are shared by the index page, svManager itself and the gallery. But (strangely enough) there is a new version due out in a day or two and that is one of the new features. The new version will have INDEX_THUMB_WIDTH and INDEX_THUMB_HEIGHT settings in the constants.php file so you can also have non-square thumbnails if you wish.

how to I take the underlines off

Once php has done its work, the index page is just a regular html page so if you know a little css then you can work all kinds of magic with the appearance. Edit the code of the galleries index page index.php and insert a new css rule between the <style type="text/css"></style> tags  in the head of the document. Try this one:

a { text-decoration: none}

Or you could be a bit more sophisticated and target the image links inside the table and not the admin link at the top:

table a { text-decoration: none}

what I really want to do is make sure that it isn't an active link.

You should be able to simple uncheck the Auto caption links box in the Customize screen.

but sometimes it's hard to find certain things!

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to make things simple  wink

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you so much!  These were the last few items I wanted to clear up before uploading all my portfolio samples.

Will the new version of SVManager be available to those that recently bought the recent version?  I bought mine under a month ago.

Yes, the upload link that you received when you first bought svManager will always download the latest version and is good for 5 downloads. The new version should be available next week. I'll try to remember to post here when it's available.

jack

Jack Hardie

Just catching up on this one.

In the current version of svManager (1.6.2) you can now change the size of the thumbnails on the galleries index page. Edit the file svmanager/includes/constants.php and set the size you want in the following code.

// Width of thumbnails in galleries index (px)
define('INDEX_THUMB_WIDTH', 65);
// Height of thumbnails in galleries index (px)
define('INDEX_THUMB_HEIGHT', 65);

The thumbnails don't have to be square. This change only affects the gallery index page. There is no effect on the thumbnails in the gallery itself or in the svManager images page.

jack

Jack Hardie

I changed the size of my thumbnails on the gallery index to 120. The thumbs became blurry. I then attempted to change the "THUMB_DISPLAY_SIZE" and "THUMB_SIZE" to 120 as well but it's still blurry. Am I missing an option somewhere?

Last edited by smappdooda (2011-06-18 21:30:03)

The thumbnail images for the index page are re-created every time you save (or rebuild) your gallery. Go to the gallery customize screen and click 'Update'. This should fix the blurry thumbnails on the index page. You shouldn't need to change any other settings – just INDEX_THUMB_WIDTH and INDEX_THUMB_HEIGHT.

jack

Jack Hardie