Topic: Problems with 'File Tests' and 'Upload Test'

I checked the basic tests and it was all OK, but than when I click the 'File Tests' Firefox gives me a 'File not Found' message. What's the problem? I didn't see any red error message, it just doesn't find the file. The name and the location are the same on my web server, it's all fine.

Another problem, is that when I try to upload an image (about 300 Kb) on the 'Upload Test', it says 'Error ocurred. Status code 500'. Why? Do I have to download the 'MyUploader  -  HTTP Java Upload Applet'? Is this the only way I can upload images with svmanager?

I don't know if this is an important information, but I'm using Windows XP.

Hope somebody could help me, I'm freaking out!

Re: Problems with 'File Tests' and 'Upload Test'

Can you post the url so I can take a look. Or email me via the forum if you don't want to go public with it.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

http://vladimircunha.com/svmtest/index.php

Thanks!

There may be more than one problem here.

Firstly, it appears that the file http://vladimircunha.com/svmtest/filetest.php has not been uploaded properly or has somehow become corrupted. Delete the existing installation of svmtest from your server. Download a clean copy from the SimpleViewer.net web site, unzip it and upload it again.

Secondly, you may need to set permissions on the svmtest folder after you have installed it again. Please see the svmtest help.

You have a Windows server so you may not be able to set permissions using ftp. Your web server host should have provided you with some kind of control panel or other means to set the permissions.

jack

Jack Hardie

You're right, I can't set permissions using ftp, when I try it, it says "command not understood".
I'm waiting for some support from my host, I asked them about this control panel or other means.
Thanks for the tip, Jack!

But just let me ask you something:
In case everything goes right and I get able to run svManager, do I have to do everything the same on my client's computer? Does she need to install a FTP software or something? Or to use the svManager she'll just need to acess the administration area using a web browser?

Thanks!

You'll have to set permissions once when you install svManager. After that, your client can just log-in to svManager, add new images and generally manage the galleries without needing to know about anything as unpleasant as ftp or file permissions.

jack

Jack Hardie

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I could set permissions using the control panel provided by my web server host, now all the tests are OK.

Thanks for the support jack!