Topic: HTML formatting for 'title' XML option

Congratulations on the release of v2.0!
I've just downloaded SimpleViewer v2.0 (Standard Version) and swapped the swf files in my existing v1.9 albums (changing 'viewer.swf' to 'simplviewer.swf' where necessary).
All seems to be fine except for the 'title' XML option which no longer seems to accept HTML formatting for color, size and font ('&lt;' is displayed as '&lt;' rather than being treated as a '<').
The page at http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … tions.html suggests that HTML formatting is still available for the font size in the Pro Version.  Is this true for the Standard Version, too?
Entries such as

title="&lt;font face=&quot;Times&quot; size=&quot;20&quot;&gt;Big Times Title&lt;/font&gt;"

(taken from the v1.9 FAQ) no longer work which makes the new viewer not quite 100% backwards compatible with old v1.9 galleries.
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: HTML formatting for 'title' XML option

I have the same problem.
Thanks

Thanks for the bug report. The fix will be in the next version.

Felix Turner

Thanks, Felix.  Looking forward to it!

Steven Speirs

I've just tried the HTML formatting in v2.0.1 and it doesn't accept line breaks (<br> or <br />) like v1.9 did and existing titles in v1.9 galleries are still rendered incorrectly using v2.0.1.
I would have to manually edit the gallery.xml files and replace the instances of &lt;br&gt; with a physical line break which isn't an ideal solution.  The following code (which works in v1.9):

title="Line 1&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Line2"

... would have to be replaced with the following code (for v2.01):

title="Line 1

Line2"

Is there any chance of reinstating the line breaks into the title HTML formatting options, please?

Steven Speirs

I also tried the last version and I have still the problem with <br>.