Topic: 2 SimpleViews, 1 Root?

Hey Guys

Basically, i've been playing around with Simple Viewer Gallery all morning, and i've finally got it working and embedded into an already made HTML page, however, i want TWO seperate ones, within the same root, for example.

Home > Gallery > Layout - One In Here
Home > Gallery > Photography - One In Here Aswell

But when i do this, it just overwrites the previous one, i am very 'amateur' at this so i'd appreciate lack of HTML/CSS Language

thanks, Alex.

Edit; My Website:

Last edited by AlexDenvor (2009-11-27 12:48:54)

Re: 2 SimpleViews, 1 Root?

You need to remve the double forward slash from this line //fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml"); and point to the XML for each gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I Don't Understand :$.
I've deleted the two /'s but i'm not sure about pointing to the XML's cause there's only one and i don't know how to 'point it' big_smile

Last edited by AlexDenvor (2009-11-27 23:35:32)

You need a separate XML file for each gallery (listing the relevant files for each gallery).
At the moment, loads showing the images listed in gallery.xml
However, loads the same gallery.xml file and, therefore, shows the same images.
Create two gallery.xml files (one for each gallery) and name them differently, eg layout.xml and photography.xml.
Then, in Layout.html, use the line fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "layout.xml"); and in Photography.html, use the line fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "photography.xml"); (ensuring you uncomment the lines by removing the // at the start).
(Alternatively, you could call both XML files gallery.xml but then you'd have to put them in different folders and ensure the xmlDataPath in both HTML files leads to the correct locations.)

Last edited by Steven Speirs (2009-11-28 14:24:50)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm Not Going To Lie

You're An Absolute Legend, Thankyou So Much

Got It All Working Fine smile!