Topic: New to program, images appear as "X" in v2 Help in svBuilder Needed

I have copied the Web folder
saved my pictures to the Image folder within
created and saved thumbnails to Thumbnail folder within

Open v2
open new gallery folder
preview screen on right shows "X"'s for thumbnails and image, tried to view browser and got browser message that "image can not be found"

I have checked image size, thumbnail sizes; no progressive images~

Last edited by KendraNVL (2009-11-28 05:25:42)

Re: New to program, images appear as "X" in v2 Help in svBuilder Needed

I am having the same exact problem here....

Did you update the gallery.xml? Please post your URL.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am starting from scratch using svBuilder.  I copied the Web folder and renamed it.  Everything that was in the Web folder is in the New folder minus the sample pictures, there are 3 sv files.

I have not tried to load it to my site as of yet because I can not even see the pictures in svbuilder~

thank you for your help

At this point svBuilder only configuring options for an existing gallery. To create a new gallery use the Photoshop or Picasa plugins or the manual method.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … cript.html
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … plate.html
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … anual.html

Mike Richards

thank you~ I will see what I can do in CS4... I appreciate your help

Mike,

I built my gallery manually last night in CS4. Today I ran the script, I have some where over 200 photos in my gallery, after the script ran I could see my images in the browser but only 50 of them?  I have the Pro version~

I opened svBuilder to open the files and of course I still see X's

Today I ran the script, I have some where over 200 photos in my gallery, after the script ran I could see my images in the browser but only 50 of them?

This is because the PhotoShop script uses the standard version of SimpleViewer. To upgrade the PhotoShop script to pro, check here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … lates.html

I opened svBuilder to open the files and of course I still see X's

Did you open the same folder that you created with the PhotoShop Script?

Felix Turner

error message says Error in Flash requires SimpleViewer-Pro??? I already have svPro installed?

deleted the the shockwave and copied it back into the new folder from the original web folder.  Error message is gone but still see X's when I open svBuilder.. Why?

Last edited by KendraNVL (2009-11-28 23:04:01)

error message says Error in Flash requires SimpleViewer-Pro??? I already have svPro installed?

What's the exact message and when do you see it? I'm not aware of a message that says "Error in Flash requires SimpleViewer-Pro"

Error message is gone but still see X's when I open svBuilder.. Why?

How was the gallery you are opening in svBuilder created? Are you using the latest v2 version of the PhotoShop script?

Felix Turner

Felix,

I get the Flash Requires SimpleViewer-Pro when I try to open the gallery I built with CS4, I did fix that

I am using svBuilder 2.0.0
I loaded my images and created thubs using the same names manually the first time and the second time I used the photoshop script suggested by Miker.  Both resulted in the same outcome.  When I use svBuilder and open my gallary folder (Image, Thumbs, index, gallery and flash files) all I see are X's.

My images are the correct size, images have the same name as my thumbs~

When I use svBuilder and open my gallary folder (Image, Thumbs, index, gallery and flash files) all I see are X's.

What happens when you view the gallery in your browser? Do you have a URL I can look at?

Felix Turner

I dont know how to get it to view on a browser unless I use your script to build it in photoshop

can no one call me~

To view your gallery open 'index.html' in the gallery folder with a browser.

Felix Turner

just tried in 3 different browsers and still only see X's

Can you upload your gallery so I can take a look?

Felix Turner

upload it to where and how?  sorry Felix I am really not a numb nut

upload to a website with FTP?

Regarding a step by step on how to create a gallery with photoshop, the instructions are here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … cript.html

After running the script your gallery should appear in a browser window automatically. The output folder you selected is the gallery folder and contains all the files for your new gallery.

Felix Turner

can I generate HTML code and load it that way?

I did see this http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … dding.html  I am using SiteBuilder by yahoo and do not have a HTML page.  I can ever HTML just fine but there is no place for me to copy my gallery to in sitebuilder.  Do you have any experience here~

is there anyway to engage in a real time conversation so that I don't have to wait so long for help~

After googling inserting html into sitebuilder I found several options one of which is this:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallb … de-01.html

Mike Richards

Thanks I have been using Yahoo's program for over 5 years, building most of my site via HTML

I just cant get past this darn X thing in svBuilder.  I have built by gallery, have my Image and Thumbs folders along with the index, flash and other file...

When in svBuilder I only see X's, when I open the index file in a browser I only have X's as well~

http://www.noblevestaldoodles.com/files/index.html

I just loaded my index page but nothing comes up~

Hi,

we don't do phone support. If we are not able to help you via this forum we may have to refund your purchase.

The first step is to create a gallery with the Photoshop plugin. What happens when you create a gallery with the PhotoShop plugin? Does your gallery display in a browser?

Felix Turner

I can see the images but can only see the first 50 pictures.  I followed the direction to update the script in photoshop but it was for CS2 I have CS4 and the final destination file in the directions is not there in my CS4~

That script is not as customizable as using svbuilder though based on what I experienced, maybe I am wrong?

After I use the script do I open the file in svBuilder and make my customizations?