Topic: reduce alpha on thumbnails

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for this. Since SV-Pro is much more "code heavy", I'm not sure how to go about changing this.

I'd like each thumbnail (after they are loaded) to appear as only about 50% alpha. I had this all figured out in the previous version by simply adding a white layer that had reduced alpha over the thumbnail position, but I'm not sure how to do this in Pro.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: reduce alpha on thumbnails

Hi
Line 127 in ThumbArea.as

hth
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Well, that seems like it would make perfect sense, but I uncommented that line and adjusted the alpha to about 40, republished my FLA file, and reuploaded my SWF file...but it had no effect.

There must be something else I'm missing.

hate to ask the obvious, but did u leave it commented out?  smile

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

LOL!

No, I did not...the first thing I did was UNcomment it, then proceeded with the steps I listed.

Currently this is what I have...

Lines 116-127 of ThumbArea.as

//mcDisplayArea slides within a mask to create paging
        mClip_mc.createEmptyMovieClip("mcDisplayMask",mClip_mc.getNextHighestDepth());
        mClip_mc.mcDisplayMask.beginFill(0xFFFF00, 100);
        var maskWidth:Number = mWidth - Thumb.padding + Thumb.selectedFrameOffset*2;
        var maskHeight:Number = mHeight + Thumb.selectedFrameOffset*2;
        RectUtil.rectangle(mClip_mc.mcDisplayMask, -Thumb.selectedFrameOffset,-Thumb.selectedFrameOffset,maskWidth,maskHeight);
        mClip_mc.mcDisplayMask.endFill();
        mClip_mc.createEmptyMovieClip("mcDisplayArea",mClip_mc.getNextHighestDepth());    
        mClip_mc.mcDisplayArea.createEmptyMovieClip("mcSlidingDisplayArea",mClip_mc.mcDisplayArea.getNextHighestDepth());    
        mClip_mc.mcDisplayArea.setMask(mClip_mc.mcDisplayMask);    
        mPagingTwn = new Tween(mClip_mc.mcDisplayArea.mcSlidingDisplayArea, "_x", Strong.easeOut, 0, 0, Options.thumbnailMotionLength, false);
        mClip_mc.mcDisplayMask._alpha = 40;

Yes, that should work, mine does.

change that line, save, open simpleviewer.fla, publish, clear cache, open index

or in multiple_galleries - mover viewer.swf to flashEmbed folder

Richard

Thanks!

And just to be clear about what the result is that we're talking about here...

This SHOULD show all of my thumbnails (after they are finished loading) at 40% opacity rather than 100% opacity...correct?

Because that's just not the result I'm getting. Uncommenting this line didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on the gallery. All my thumbnails are still displaying at 100% opacity.

Cache emptied, etc...

BTW, I don't think this should matter, but I am also using SimpleViewerAdmin with this gallery.

no, this sets the alpha as they are loading, once loaded they will show at 100%. commenting it out - they will be 100% while loading and after being loaded.

is that what u want?

I'm not that familar with SVadmin

Richard

Thanks!

Oh, well...if that's what it's supposed to do, then that's not what I wanted. And it's not doing that anyway. I thought you changed that in Options.as on line 37...

static var thumbnailLoadingAlpha:Number = 40; //alpha of thumbnail while image loads (percent)

I want them to load as usual...don't care about their opacity while loading, then once each thumbnail is loaded completely, I want it to display at a lower  opacity so it gives a lighter feel to the row of thumbnails. I want them to look a little softer.

sorry, mis read your first post

try this, i don't have time to test it just now

in thumbs.as add a line at 208

or

mClip_mc._alpha = 10;

one of those  should work

Richard

Thanks!

Ahh! Yes!

That second option works! Except instead of leaving it at 10, I changed it to 40.

Thank you so much. I really do greatly appreciate the time and efforts of those who are smarter and more experienced with this stuff than myself. It's a great help to those of us who only know enough to be dangerous.

Thanks again!   big_smile

Your welcome.  I'm here learning, and helping others, helps me to learn more.

Sorry, I was dangerous leading you down the wrong path smile

Richard

Thanks!