Topic: Images are not showing when uploaded to webserver.

I have an offline folder containing Postcard Viewer and a sub directory containing images.  When I view this offline it works perfectly.  However, when I upload the folder to my hosting area, only four of the eight images appear.  The others do appear to be there but you cannot see them.  You can navigate to them using the mouse or arrow keys.  I have tried using other images although am getting some random things such as the white boxes etc.  Please could you provide some help.

http://www.4rtist.co.uk/protected/photo … index.html

username: monkey password: magic

Many Thanks

Re: Images are not showing when uploaded to webserver.

I have uploaded the default package to the link listed above and it misses some images out?  I am totally confused as it works fine offline.  I do not have any out of the ordinary web server; just hosting with Easily Internet.  It not like it cannot find the image as I am only using one image that is replicated as per the standard .xml file included.

Help, would really like to get this sorted.

Thanks!!!!

seems as thou u are having the same problem i have with pics not showing, as asked about in a previous thread, but no light has been shone on it yet.  :?

... we can get this sorted by joining forces.  Its really odd, offline no probs; then the moment it gets on the webserver random ones dont appear.  Cannot be an IE or browser issue if the browser works offline. 

On another note, SimpleViewer and Autoviewer are really ace!!  Would like to see some additional viewers; gives great flexibility for showing off my photos.

Yes that is wierd, since the same image is being loaded multiple times, but it's only showing some of them. Which image is displayed seems to be random.

I'm guessing that you have some setting on your web server that disables multiple simultaneous fetches of the same image.

Did you try a gallery with unique images?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix, many thanks for your reply.  I have also tried a using unique images; although unfortunately the same problem still occurs; again its seems to be random as to which ones it shows.

Your help in this is really appreciated.

Felix ... any update?

Many Thanks

... we can get this sorted by joining forces.  Its really odd, offline no probs; then the moment it gets on the webserver random ones dont appear.  Cannot be an IE or browser issue if the browser works offline.

i've tried it on both ie and firefox, and still get the random display sad

cheers phatcuntrolla;

Waiting on an update from Felix

Like I said - it appears to be a problem with your webserver. Try running your gallery on a different webserver.

Felix Turner

I have two different hosting accounts with two different companies; this appears to be the same on both of them!  Besides, I am not the only person who has posted on this thread with this problem. 

You had said it sounds like a multiple fetch issue on the webserver; this cannot be the case as it is happening with multiple image galleries.

Any other suggestions??  This is obviously affecting multiple users!

Much appreciated.

Here is my other site with another hosting company which is also having the same problem.

Username: monkey password: magic

http://www.martinturner.net/protected/p … index.html

Check letter cases in your xml doc.

Check your image paths and filenames exactly match the names specified in the XML file. Most servers are Case Sensitive. This means the letter cases in the filename must exactly match those in the XML document.

Felix Turner

Felix, naming did not make a difference.  I had my images named 1.jpg, 2.jpg etc and then tried with alpha namings. 

However, what I have done which is wierd and has actually fixed the problem. 

I loaded CuteFTP (ftp uploader); and edited the .xml file directly from the server (not the local one on my hard disc).  CuteFTP has its own inbuilt notepad - if you right click gallery.xml and choose EDIT.  I then took out all lines of code referencing images, leaving just one in the .xml file. I then added them in one by one using the editor.  I saved the .xml file after each line.  Cleared the internet cache on my machine.  Then previewed in Internet Explorer to check the added image was appearing. Remember to delete your internet cache! as you wont see the changes. 

Bizarrely, I think it has something to do with the .xml file and the editor???  I had been using notepad.  I will add that I have had no problems with notepad and editing the simplviewer gallery .xml.

Alas, working gallery!!! Hope this helps anyone else having this issue.

Thanks Felix for your input.  Keep up the good work as these are really great products!!!

Think I may have solved this riddle. It works for me at least.

My XML file had the file names as .jpg however the uploaded files were .JPG

It seems the issue is case sensitive, which web servers tend to be. I presume running it locally Windows just doesnt care on what case the files are.

Hope this works for the rest of you!  big_smile