Topic: Get Macromedia Flash message...

Hi everybody,

I've a little problem. When visitors (with the latest version of Flash Player installed) comes for the first time in one of my galleries, they see this message:

"SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. Get Macromedia Flash. Get Macromedia Flash"

It just appear below my menu (with dark font, except for the links to macromedia) for 0.5 second and disapear to show the gallery.

In advance, many thanks for your help!
DN

Last edited by DoctorNed (2009-12-07 12:50:55)

Re: Get Macromedia Flash message...

Does this happen only in IE on Windows?  If so, it sounds like FAQ #2 on this page: http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/#faq
("Why does my alternate content flicker quickly on the screen before my Flash content loads?")
Allegedly, "It can be fixed by adding a link tag in the head of your document to any stylesheet."

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your help monkeyboy!

Does it happen to you if you check my link? What is your browser?

I'm using IE8 on Vista 64bits, for the moment I havent check with other browsers...

I've just cleared my caches for IE8 and Firefox 3.5.5
The alternate Flash content appears for a split second (not long enough to read but long enough to notice that it's there) in IE8 but not at all in Firefox which leads me to believe that the problem is, indeed, the one I posted above.
However, I see that your gallery HTML files already contain stylesheet links in the <head> section (which is the suggested fix) and the flickering still occurs so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for the check monkeyboy!

Then the question still open...   sad