Topic: Caption Width to be or not to be

The options page is describing caption width as follows

Used for titlePosition is LEFT or RIGHT. Width of caption area, including padding.

I notice that the caption width is not wider then the main image. My caption width is 900px, I have a main image size of 640x480 of 480x640. The caption width is always equal to the width main image and that's smaller than 900px.

The same with the caption on the bottom and a picture in portrait 600x480 on top. The caption width is 480px and not 900px as in the gallery.xml is standing.

It seems that something is rotten in Denmark.

Changing the caption width to 100px is useless. What is the use of caption width?

Re: Caption Width to be or not to be

When captionPosition is top or bottom, the caption width matches the image width. If captionsPosition is left or right the captionWidth value is used. If the captionPosition and the thumbPosition are the both Left or Right then the caption width matches the thumb area width.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Caption Width to be or not to be

Felix wrote:

When captionPosition is top or bottom, the caption width matches the image width. If captionsPosition is left or right the captionWidth value is used. If the captionPosition and the thumbPosition are the both Left or Right then the caption width matches the thumb area width.

A bit odd but OK, fair enough. But this is not clear in the text.