Topic: Images Not Loading

i have attempted to embed a SimpleViewer file into an html file and have followed the instructions provided and have looked through the forums to find a solution to the images not appearing.

I have seen your response to smileygirl about changing the image path in the gallery.xml file. I have tried that without success. I still believe it is a path issue but just can't seem to solve it so I am turning to you.

Here is the link to my test page.

http://hds-contract.com/test/test.htm

Thanks in advance for your help.

tom

Re: Images Not Loading

Hi,

if you move the images and xml files into different folders then you will have to adjust the paths accordingly. imageURLs are relative to the HTML document that embeds the SWF so for each image tag in the xml you need to change this:

imageURL="ottomans/images/0702-00_Ottoman.jpg" thumbURL="ottomans/thumbs/0702-00_Ottoman.jpg"

to this:

imageURL="ottomans/images/0702-00_Ottoman.jpg" thumbURL="ottomans/thumbs/0702-00_Ottoman.jpg"
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

that is what i was afraid of......my problem is i have several galleries (7 total) that i want to create which have upwards of 100+ images in each.....i do not want to have to manually change each path......

any suggestions to work around this issue?

Hi,

I'm not sure how you have your website is setup or how you are generating your galleries but the simplest way to put a gallery on your site is to follow the instructions here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … dding.html

Basically you create a separate gallery folder for each gallery. Leave the images and thumbs in the gallery folder as generated. That way you don't need to modify any of the pathing for the xml or images.

Alternatively if you want to move modify the paths, I would recommend doing a 'Replace all...' global search and replace in each gallery xml file to update the paths.

Felix Turner

Hello

I think I am having the same problem. I have embedded the SimpleViewer but none of the images are showing up, just a white x for every image.

On post 2, what is the difference between these, am I missing the obvious? Because I think this might be what I need to do but I'm not sure.

change this:

to this:

Here is my site: JLDesignServices.com/work-web.html

Thanks

I your XML this caption is not well formed

<caption>Pricewaterhouse Coopers "Welcome to Dallas" website to welcome AT&T's headquater employees to Dallas.</caption>

Change it to:

<caption>Pricewaterhouse Coopers "Welcome to Dallas" website to welcome AT&amp;T&apos;s headquater employees to Dallas.</caption>

Remove:

imagePath="Desktop/Freelance/Jill_Lindner_Design/Web/Building/web/images"
thumbPath="Desktop/Freelance/Jill_Lindner_Design/Web/Building/web/thumbs"

Change your images to imageURL="web/images/theimagename.jpg" thumbURL="web/thumbs/theimagename.jpg"

Mike Richards