Topic: Multiple Viewers on two different pages, how?

I am not sure how to describe what I want..but I have linked my photos to flickr. I have one page on my site showing just children images (children.html). I would like to also have the viewer on my other.html that just shows other pictures linked from my flickr account. How would I do this? I have the viewer added in my own html site.

Thanks!

Last edited by mrs.steiger (2009-12-11 16:09:40)

Re: Multiple Viewers on two different pages, how?

Never mind! I found the answer here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9015

Setup your flickr gallery to so that the children images are tagged children and the other images are tagged other then follow these directions to create each gallery. However instead of saving the XML files as gallery.xml same one as children.xml and one as other.xml. When you embed the gallery into each page replace gallery.xml in the flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml"; line with the corresponding xml you created.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

HI MIKE,

please help me, I still dont get how i can embed one gallery on one page and one gallery on another page, each with different category of photos.

can you just tell me step by step like step one then two....

what i need to change and where?

do I need to change and make another .xml?  like   photosofboys.xml  and photosofboys.xml? i get that part but what about the path? will I have to make another images folder or they can all be in that folder?

and the only thing I need to modify is the HTML page?

and what are the only files that came with the download that i need to duplicate and change? just the .xml?

and the code you been giving? this one

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#000000");
    fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "TheNameOfTheXMLForThatGallery.xml");
    fo.write("flashcontent");
</script>   

i dont really know where to put this code i downloaded the simple viewer one.

so please help me its like frustrating

here is my website just so u can see.

i dont want the gallery to be the same as my other pages.

Im using Dreamweaver and just dragged the flash player on to my content

www.mycupofdesign.com

please help ASAP thank you.

Step by step please.

Last edited by imadesignerey (2010-12-30 12:38:59)

You need to have separate XMLs for each gallery and to point to the gallery.xml with your embed code.

var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "theFileNameOfTheGallery.xml";
var params = {};
var attributes = {};
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars, params, attributes);
});
</script>

Alternatively you could use svBuilder-Pro to create the files for each gallery and embed them in to your htmls using these directions.

Mike Richards

so this code that u gave me...

var flashvars = {};
var params = {};
var attributes = {};
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars, params, attributes);
});
</script>

do i embed this to my html in each pages? and also have different .xml like if i have a page called  photography.html and i need to make one for xml like photography.xml?

and where exactly do i put this code in the header before after? or in the body? or footer? or after?

please let me know.

If you take a look at the links I posted above they have directions for embeding a gallery in a HTML page, but basically you just need to copy the following into the body of each of your document where you would like the gallery to be displayed. Make sure that you update the galleryURL accordingly and upload the SimpleViewer svcore folder and image folders.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars = {};
var params = {};
var attributes = {};
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

and also have different .xml like if i have a page called  photography.html and i need to make one for xml like photography.xml?

That would be the most logical way to name your different xmls if you want to have them in the same folder.

Mike Richards