Topic: color discrepancies in background

I am trying to make my background field consistently f333333 (dark gray). I believe I have the right numbers plugged in in all the appropriate places and when I look at the player in the builder it looks right, but on line I have three different shades of gray. The banner is correct and the player has two different grays, both wrong. Where am I messing up? Here's the site: http://www.dacamerawork.com/performance/. TIA.

Re: color discrepancies in background

Hi,

you need to set the gallery background color in the HTML doc like this:

params.bgcolor = "333333";
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Felix, that's much better. There is still a lighter gray that immediately surrounds the image and the thumbs. Can you point me to the fix on that? Anyone who has recs for improving this gallery's function, your opinions and criticisms are welcome.

Are you referring to the drop shadow to the right and bottom? Turn this off with the 'imageDropShadow' and 'thumbDropShadow' options.

Felix Turner

No. It's easiest to see on the last row of thumbs. To the right of the single thumb it looks like a lighter color background is revealed. You also see this around certain photos with severe crops. Thanks for sticking with me on this.

I have been trying to work through the same problem.  Not using drop shadow.  Also I have changed the color parameter in the html code.  What I am finding is that the background color set at 333333 is just a tiny bit darker than the background for the page I am building which is also set at 333333.  I have also messed around using several different colors and the result is always the same.  BTW I am using Iweb to build my pages.  Is there any way to make the background transparent?  That would be an ideal solution for me.

Last edited by nathangriffith (2010-01-31 01:10:17)

What I am finding is that the background color set at 333333 is just a tiny bit darker than the background for the page I am building which is also set at 333333.

This can happen, the swf is rendering the color as "an image" and the page is rendering the color with html. You can try making the Flash movie transparent or play with one of the colors until it matches by eye. It is a flash issue, here is what adobe says about it.

Adobe:HTML colors look different than SWF colors

Mike Richards

OK.  That makes sense.  Never really thought about it.  I tried to eyeball it and could get very close but not exact.  I have tried to make the background transparent, again to no avail.  Any suggestions as to how I might do that.  the one place I found while building with simpleviewer pro (image back opacity set to 0) did not do the trick.  Thanks.