Topic: Flickr Not Displaying Description

Hi, I'm using a basic Flickr gallery at this page: http://www.greaterdsmrotary.org/action.php

The title is coming through from Flickr, but the description is not displaying below the title (right now the title is just a number).  Can anyone tell me how to get the description showing?  Thank you!

Re: Flickr Not Displaying Description

Seems like you fixed it.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

well, for those of us who can't seem to figure out, could you add some info here?  I can't get title or description to appear

Make sure you have set flickrShowDescription="TRUE" in your gallery's XML file and that your descriptions have been entered in Flickr's 'Click here to add a description' text area.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for your help.

Seems like I can only get the title & description to show if I turn thumbnails on.  With thumbs off, it will only show upon hover.  Is that by design in the simpleview std version?  http://cakes911.com/feature

After I posted here, I've discovered that many of the settings I'm after are only available in PRO...
big_smile

Is that by design in the simpleview std version?

Yes. In SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version) captions are displayed below the thumbnails and, if the thumbnails are hidden, so are the captions (unless using the 'COMPACT' Gallery Style, in which case the captions are displayed when hovering over the main image).

After I posted here, I've discovered that many of the settings I'm after are only available in PRO...

For reference, SimpleViewer-Standard configuration options can be found here and SimpleViewer-Pro configurations can be found here.

Steven Speirs