Topic: Simpleviewer 2.0 Source Code

Is there any way you can please supply the source code for Pro users, as you did in the previous version?

I would like to make mods to things like button design, etc. to match my site design (ie: so it matches things like video player, typography, etc.) but this is of course not possible just using XML.

This was possible in earlier versions but not in this one...  why the change?

It would be much appreciated...

Re: Simpleviewer 2.0 Source Code

Hi,

SimpleViewer 2.0 does not come with the source code. This is similar to most commercial Flash widgets.

The main reason for this is that it is impossible to support the source code. When the source code is included, customers expect some support for it. Since there are an infinite number of mods that can be made and each customer has a different level of Flash experience this is very difficult.

Also, all config options are now configurable via XML. Flash developers who want complete control over the look and feel of the gallery can embed SimpleViewer-Pro into a Flash movie and use the ActionScript API to create a completely custom user interface.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Can we have the source code but without support?
I would appreciate if I can  customize natively
Thanks!

Hi there!
Just wanted to say that I'm a heavy SV-Pro user since a loooong time,
right now I'm designing my new website and though about upgrading to 2.0...

BUT
I won't do it,
because sadly I won't be able to edit the design to match my personal needs.
I'm totally agreeing with AF and L4U, matching typography, graphic button design is essential.

I don't expect any support on the source code, I was fine with 1.9

Tell me you include it, maybe let me pay a $5 extra, you can clearly state that no support will be provided,
and I buy your product NOW because it's great.

Thanks

By the way, you say that embeding SV will allow to customize the interface... but I have no idea on how to do this, is it easy ?

Hi there,

i just bought pro today, ive spend a day creating a nice design with sv builder (great tool!), and i managed to configure te thumbs.as file so that  i had dark thumnails that light up on mouse-over, exactly the way i need it, and without any knowledge of Flash, by copy-paste from examples here on the forum.

And now i read here that i cannot publisch a proper swf file, because the source-code (.fla file) is version 1.9

I have really no idea how to make my website the way i need it without the 2.0 .fla document.

It would be very nice if you supply the sourcecode, i really need it, and i'm not the only one. I dont expect any support for that.

thank you..

am i right that i cannot change the shapes of the arrows without the .fla file???

Herr wrote:

I have really no idea how to make my website the way i need it without the 2.0 .fla document.

It would be very nice if you supply the sourcecode, i really need it, and i'm not the only one. I dont expect any support for that.

thank you..

+1

For now you can set thumbNavStyle="none" load the simpleviewer.swf into a container swf and use the api to make custom buttons.

Mike Richards

miker wrote:

For now you can set thumbNavStyle="none" load the simpleviewer.swf into a container swf and use the api to make custom buttons.

What is a container swf?

A container swf would be a normal swf file that you load the simpleviewer.swf into. You can find an example of this in the pro download at simpleviewer-pro2_1/examples/flash_embed.

Mike Richards

Thansk Miker!

miker wrote:

Oke Miker, thanks for the answer.

I did the first 2 steps, loaded in flash CS4,  but what is api, and how to make buttons that scales with the rest of the simpleviewer? Do you have some tips maybe.

Is it possible to BUY the .fla document?

To embed SimpleViewer-Pro in Flash check the docs here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … html#flash

Felix Turner

You can find info on the api here.

Mike Richards

Well, it seems that not including the .fla does not prevent from support request ^^

IMHO depriving Simpleviewer-Pro of its source code will limit the amount of users and designers that could eventually spread it.
I'm a photographer and I have only few knowledge of how Flash, Java or AS... but SV is absolutely great for me and fulfill my needs.

To custom SV we have to embed it in a Flash and do some API tricks (I tried for one night but failed, remember I'm not a developper)...
BUT
as you write it on your website http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … t/api.html :
"Please note that this API is provided 'as-is' to allow people with programming experience to use as required."

So if I understand well, to fully edit SV now we need to have a programming experience (beyond mine obviously) and you don't provide any support for API ("as-is" ?)

At the moment I'm quite sad because all my website design and content is ready but I lack a neat gallery system :'(

Let's make SV-Pro as PRO as before, and not just a SV-buy-it-to-customize-and-delete-the-ad, because no gallery system looks and works so fine these days.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. There are no plans to release the source code for SimpleViewer-Pro 2.0.

If you don't have much flash experience, it is a lot easier to use the provided API than it is to modify the source code directly. If you can't use the API, the source code is not going to be much use to you.

Felix Turner

thank you admins for the answers.

I fully agree with Antoine, he descripes what my situation is.

Felix, maybe you are right,  but i really dont know how to use  API . while i was able to modify the sourcecode when using examples other people made en some logical thinking.

At the moment i'm stuck just like Antoine. The reason buying SVpro was that i managed to create my own flashdesign without programming knowledge.

Can you please descripe the first steps of how to edit the api in flash? Where to see the code?

en can you please think about making plans to release the sourcecode?

thank you

Can you please descripe the first steps of how to edit the api in flash? Where to see the code?

There is an example FLA in the Pro download showing how to use the API. Check the docs here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … html#flash

Felix Turner

Until now by editing the .as and source code of 1.9, I managed to realize every single creative idea I had, which is great and give SV-Pro its value.

I bought 2.0. I'm motivated and got some knowledge so I'm going to work and give API a try, let's say a few nights of learning and I'll come back to tell you if "SimpleViewer-Pro allows you to customize SimpleViewer to your own requirements" (http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/) without being a professionnal Flash developper (which in my opinion is not the point of SV because a pro would develop its own gallery).

See you in a while !
And happy new year to all smile

Antoine

and? got something?