Topic: Links do not work

Hello,

First of all, congratulations for your great work.
Simpleviewer is powerful yet easy to use and I will be able to give it to my end users.

I am running Simpleviewer standard version 2.0 in both IE 8 and Chrome 3.
When running SV locally, none of the links are working : "a" tags embedded in the caption tags in the gallery.xml file, the "SIMPLEVIEWER" button in the corner, linkurl parameters, etc.
Nothing happens when I click on them.

Could this behavior be due to a security setting in my browsers or an issue with my flash player ?
When I run the examples from your web site, everything works fine.

Thanks for your help,
Vincent

Re: Links do not work

Hi,

this is probably caused by a security setting in IE when viewing galleries locally. Try uploading your files to a web server.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have this effect on Firefox and IE. Is this something Flash specific?

Please post the URL to your gallery that is having issues.

Mike Richards

Sorry, but the problems occurs only with local galleries, as Felix stated. After uploading the links are working.
Environment: Win XP SP3, Firefox 3.5, IE 7.0.5, Flash 10,0,42,34.

So you are only going to be running the gallery locally? IE7 has a feature called Cross-Domain Protection that is non-configurable, this is probably the issue. Try adding the link your are trying to open to your browsers Trusted Sites Zone.

Mike Richards

It happens when I edit and test the gallery.xml and index.html locally on my machine. The links won't work. Perhaps simpleviewer can't handle file-based-destinations (file:///C:/folder...) in the links?

Hi to all !!!

I realllyy like simpleviewer. Everything seems to work perfect. But I have a problem. I'm adding a small gallery (300x300) and I want to include a link in each picture to other page of the same website. I tried changing the link in linkURL, but it doesn't work (no IE or Firefox). I tried in 2 different servers and it doesn't work. I tried to add the site to secure sites, but nothing happens. I can't make that any link work. It doesn't give me any error message. Do I have to change other file from gallery.xml? i copy this file down, just that i put google, just to try it works with something, but it doesn't. I made the pictures with Photoshop.
I hope someone can help me.  sad
Thanks in advance.

GALLERY.XML
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- OPTIONS SUPPORTED BY STANDARD SWF -->
<simpleviewergallery

title="SimpleViewer Gallery"
    textColor="FFFFFF"
    frameColor="FFFFFF"
    thumbPosition="BOTTOM"
    galleryStyle="COMPACT"
    thumbColumns="3"
    thumbRows="1"
    showOpenButton="true"
    showFullscreenButton="true"
    frameWidth="0"
    maxImageWidth="800"
    maxImageHeight="800"
    imagePath="images/"
    thumbPath="thumbs/"
    useFlickr="false"
    flickrUserName=""
    flickrTags=""
    languageCode=""
    languageList=""
>
    <image imageURL="images/concept _63_.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/concept _63_.jpg" linkURL="http://www.google.com" linkTarget="_self" >
        <caption>concept _63_.jpg</caption>
    </image>
    <image imageURL="images/hands-grip-template.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/hands-grip-template.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
        <caption>hands-grip-template.jpg</caption>
    </image>
    <image imageURL="images/s22_27.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/s22_27.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
        <caption>s22_27.jpg</caption>
    </image>
    <image imageURL="images/Schimmelpilz_hongos en microscopio.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/Schimmelpilz_hongos en microscopio.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
        <caption>Schimmelpilz_hongos en microscopio.jpg</caption>
    </image>
</simpleviewergallery>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------