Topic: background turns back to grey when inserting gallerie in freeway help

Hi there,

Just bought the new version of simpleviewer pro 2 and i really love it!!!! but i realised that there is no "source" folder... so in my case it means i cannot change the background color of my galeries by modifying the fla file.... Of course I used the SV builder to change the background color but once i insert the gallerie into my freeway website I get the original grey back... I also tried to copy some code in the html page but it did not work...  i guess the only way in that case would be to get this swf file modified  through it's FLA source or could some genious  show me the way to finally get it right and white? that would be really wonderful!!!
Please Mr Felix i need your light  smile

Thanks for your help, sorry for being such a beginner and cheers to all of you!

best

sheeva

Last edited by sheeva (2009-12-27 19:07:24)

Re: background turns back to grey when inserting gallerie in freeway help

Still me trying to figure it out  smile please i really would love to hear from one of you since i tried and tried over and over again without a solution so far... anybody out there??

Thanks 

Sheeva

The background color is set in your HTML with the code below. Please clear your browser cache after making the change. If that does not help please post the URL of the gallery that is having issues.

<script type="text/javascript">
        var flashvars = {};
        flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
        var params = {};           
        params.allowfullscreen = true;
        params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
        params.bgcolor = "222222";
        swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "100%", "100%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your reply Mike!!A very happy new year to all of you

I already tried it but no change so far on the page....i included the code in the head section. Here is the link where you will see that the gallery background is still grey :-(( I hope there is a solution...   link : http://www.fondationswissclinical.org/stara/index.html

Thanks to let me know .

Sheeva

You are not using SWFObject to embed the flash.

add this to your head

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>

Change the swfobject code in your head to:

var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "#FFFFFF";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "simpleviewer", "970", "400", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

Change this:

<div id="simpleviewer" style="position:absolute; left:0px; top:200px; width:970px; height:400px; z-index:5">
            //<![CDATA[
            FW_WriteObject("Resources/simpleviewer.swf", "970", "400", "", "false", "flash", "simpleviewer", "ffffff", "loop", "true", "play", "true", "quality", "autohigh");
            //]]>
            </script>
        </div>

To:

<div id="simpleviewer" style="position:absolute; left:0px; top:200px; width:970px; height:400px; z-index:5">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/">Get Flash</a>    </div>
Mike Richards

Hi, I had the same problem and I did the according changes... Now it won't read my XML properly...why? I asked it to have a modern look, thumbs on top etc. 

if anoyne could help me, that would save me hours of headaches... Thanks a ton.

the site is: www.studioilana.com/webphotos/

Basically, it won't read the directions I have in my XML... sad

Last edited by iamspace (2010-01-04 22:21:27)

this gallery is using SV v1.9. Try upgrading to the latest version: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … grade.html

Felix Turner

thanks again for your help and support guys, that's really nice to see you care about your customers:-)

I tried what you said but then i get no more gallery and instead i get a message saying this : SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player...

So it seems i am back to step one..... just one question why you do not provide the fla file so we can change it there.... I noticed that if the gallery is inserted into a page and not used as a standalone it creates this kind of trouble... and what do youe xactely mean by it was not embedded?? When i created the "gallery space" in this page (using Freeway pro) i dropped the Swf viewer in the html window that will host the gallery... the only way in Freeway that is available though..
any idea?

Thanks again for your kind support

best

sheeva

why you do not provide the fla file so we can change it there

Please see this post or the presale FAQ.

what do youe xactely mean by it was not embedded??

Embedding is how you insert a Flash file into a HTML page. There are different methods to embed a flash file, but we only support two options of which SWFObject is the better choice.

When i created the "gallery space" in this page (using Freeway pro) i dropped the Swf viewer in the html window that will host the gallery

This is most likely part of your issue, you should not drop and drag the swf to embed it in a page. You need to edit the html code to embed it properly.  If I go to http://www.fondationswissclinical.org/stara/index.html and view source you are still using FW_Object to embed your SimpleViewer gallery. When using SWFObject if you get the message "SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player" most likely that means we have to make sure that all the files pointed to correctly. So get rid of FW_Object and the object code and put SWFObjects back in and from there we can work out any other issues.

Mike Richards

I've been using Airtight viewers in Freeway by creating them as a separate web page and then inserting them as an iFrame - that seems to work.