Topic: Republishing problem

When I republish my simpleviewer.fla the new simpleviewer.swf is not working as it should (I'm using Flash CS4)

I get the message 'gallery not found' ??

Re: Republishing problem

Are you talking about the SimpleViewer 1.9 source that comes with the SimpleViewer 2 Pro download? In SimpleViewer 1.9 the swf was published as viewer.swf. Did you output the swf to a folder that had a gallery.xml and images?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yes, I'm talking about the SimpleViewer 1.9 source.
I renamed the viewer.swf to simpleviewer.swf and put it in the folder with the gallery.xml and the images en thumbs folder.
Somehow it cannot find the gallery!?
When I use the original swf, everything is okay.

The folder you put it in, with the gallery.xml, the images folder and thumbs folder, is that a version 1.9 or a 2 gallery? A SV1.9 swf can not read a SV2 gallery.xml.

Mike Richards

I think that's a version 2, how do I know?

I'm new here and bought version 2, at least that's what I thought!

Is there a version 2 source file?

Last edited by Guuz (2010-01-02 18:57:27)

If you just downloaded SimpleViewer it will be version 2.0.1. Any of the files inside of the v1.9 folder are version 1.9 any files outside of that folder are version 2. The SimpleViewer 2 source is not available for download. So if you are republishing the 1.9 swf try it  with the gallery in web folder inside the v1.9 folder.

simpleviewer-pro2_1/v1.9/web

Mike Richards

What's the point buying SimpleViewer if the SimpleViewer 2 source file is not available?

Besides  that it's not possible to use svBuilder, because that's version 2.01

Will this file ever become available?

Last edited by Guuz (2010-01-03 07:59:33)

SimpleViewer v2 does not include the source files. No. All config options are now configurable via XML. Flash developers who want complete control over the look and feel of the gallery can embed SimpleViewer-Pro into a Flash movie and use the ActionScript API to create a completely custom user interface.

Felix Turner

Okay, I understand

Thanks Felix