Topic: Image name under main image

Is it possible to have the image name under the image and the caption left of the image?

Re: Image name under main image

You have two text pieces in SimpleViewer gallery title and caption. You can position both with the fixed layout option.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,

I recently purchased Simpleviewer Pro and I was wondering whether it's possible to edit a title for your image in SVbuilder or somewhere else. I know that caption can show the file name but I'd like to get a bit more text under the image, which makes putting all of that text in the file name a bit difficult.

Thanks & best,
Antti

The best way to edit the captions is to open the gallery.xml in notepad and then change the text between the caption tags.

<caption> Change Me </caption>
Mike Richards

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply, didn't think of that smile.

Is there any way of having Simpleviewer not touch the image size (or crop) at all? I mean a setting where an image too big would simply lead to having the viewer scroll to see it?

Forced image resizing is annoying since it usually affects sharpness etc. but it's hard to make images in sizes that everyone's monitor would be able to handle. Some people still go with 800*600 resolution which would require rather small images, especially vertical ones...

Best,
Antti

Just make sure you set your maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight and then you can set the scaling property with imageScaleMode.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #mainimage

Mike Richards

Hi,

So there's no way of having the image stay completely unaltered, ie. it would show as N*Y px no matter what resolution the user has (even scaling mode: none crops the image)? In the unaltered case, a user with too small resolution would simply have to scroll to see the whole thing.

It also seems to me that different screen resolutions stretch the image even though scaling is set to none. Ie. a 800*600px image has a different ratio (and thus looks completely different) on a 1280*1024 monitor than on a 1600*900 one.

Best,
Arcsec

If you set maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight, set imageScaleMode set to none and define the height and width of the embedded swf as a static size and not a percentage you should get images that are the correct size without cropping or scaling. With these settings that gallery will be the same size on on monitors, so smaller resolutions may have scrollbars.

Mike Richards