Topic: Adding a second gallery to website

I already have a SimpleViewer Pro gallery added to my website and would like to add
a second one to it but am having problems as the second gallery is exactly the same as the first one.

Some background information.  After creating the first gallery I copied all of its contents to the page containing my
HTML page.  All the contents of this gallery are not in its own folder but are mixed up with the other files and
HTML pages of my website.  Fine, no problem.

After creating my second gallery (containing different images) I renamed it and copied the folder itself to my HTML page so it remains in its own folder as I couldn't figure out a way of placing the contents in the same way as the first without Vista wanting to rename all the files. 

I then created a new page with this second gallery but when previewing it it contained the exact same images
as the first.  I know that Expression Web 3 cannot distinguish this new gallery from the first one but what have I done wrong?  Is it indeed possible to have two different galleries within the same website?  Do I need to rename the second gallery?

Hope someone can help.

Last edited by remyhunter (2010-01-02 22:33:16)

Re: Adding a second gallery to website

There are several ways to do this you can have each gallery in a separate folder and link to them, or you can rename the XMLs and use flashvars.galleryURL to point to the appropriate XML.

Examples can be found in the download folder and more information can be found in the support pages.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Check here for details on embedding multiple galleries: … l#multiple

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Linking seems like a logical idea except that I would like to embed the gallery
inside a table and I can't see how to do this. Check my homepage to see what
i'm after for the new page. 

There are three tables on the page, one at the top and bottom for the links