Topic: XML not well formed?

I'm hoping you can help me out with a problem I've been having with svManager.

I created a new SimpleViewer gallery using svManager and then proceeded to upload a number of photos via the 'add images' tab. This seemed to work the first time, as when I proceeded to the 'Sort' screen I could see the photos there and no error message appeared.

Then I went back to the 'add images' tab to add some more photos to the gallery. After the upload was complete, I clicked on 'Sort' and received the following notice:

Notice: XML in venues/gallery.xml is not well-formed. Error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line:58 column:39.
Rebuild may be necessary.

I tried rebuilding by clicking 'Rebuild' next to the gallery title. This didn't work.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thank you.

Re: XML not well formed?

Would you post a url for the problem gallery please so I can take a look – or email it to me via the forum if you prefer.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: XML not well formed?

Hi Jack
Same problem as jimmyt. I create a new Gallery via svManager and upload images and view ok.
When 'EDIT' is selected to input captions the 'Badly formed XML' error msg is displayed, gallery no longer displays images and ticks appear (previously deselected) in the 'Open Button & Full Screen button' check boxes.
No amount of rebuilding will fix this.
This is the link to the gallery -
Kind regards Stephen

Update - All fixed: The problem was using non alphanumeric characters in the image file names.....
(ie) there were ', ( ) and & in the file names that caused the xml file to become corrupted.
When I removed these, all was well.