Topic: Thumbs not updating

Hello,
I just downloaded Simpleviewer yesterday and I'm having a problem with the thumbs updating.

My problem is that it seems as though the gallery is using the main images to create the thumbs, when I want to force it to use the thumbs in the thumbs folder.  I hope that makes sense!

I'm using the compact gallery, and here is my xml info:

title=""
    textColor="FFFFFF"
    frameColor="FFFFFF"
    thumbPosition="TOP"
    galleryStyle="COMPACT"
    thumbColumns="6"
    thumbRows="1"
    showOpenButton="FALSE"
    showFullscreenButton="FALSE"
    frameWidth="0"
    maxImageWidth="600"
    maxImageHeight="425"
    imagePath="images/gallery/"
    thumbPath="thumbs/"
    useFlickr="false"
    flickrUserName=""
    flickrTags=""
    languageCode="AUTO"
    languageList=""   

<image imageURL="images/gallery/baylessone.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/baylessone.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption></caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/gallery/baylesstwo.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/baylesstwo.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption></caption>   
</image>
<image imageURL="images/gallery/baylessthree.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/baylessthree.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption></caption>   

In order to keep my images from cropping, I have created a photoshop file that is 600px wide by 425px high.  All of my horizontal photos fit within that space, but my vertical photos will have white on either side of the photo. Which is fine and looks great when the gallery is viewed.  The problem is that I also created thumbs at 75x75px within Photoshop and created a different thumb for each image so that you wouldn't see the white on either side in the thumb.  However, the gallery is displaying the white on either side in the thumb as if it is getting the thumb info from the main image, and I don't want that.  I even tried to change the thumbnail name to something totally different as well as removing it entirely to at least get it to display an x in the thumb location, but it is still getting the thumb from the main image.

Re: Thumbs not updating

Please post the url of your gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Thumbs not updating

If SimpleViewer cannot find the thumbnails, it will load the fullsize image as a thumbnail as a fallback. So make sure your thumbnail folder is there and the thumbURLs are correct.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.