Topic: flickr sorting

I have been able to successfully customize my simpleviewer gallery to pull images from my flickr account using the tag keywords, but what criteria does it use to decide which image to load first? I've tried a variety of ideas to rearrange the image but so far no success. Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: flickr sorting

SimpleViewer loads Flickr images in the order they were posted to flickr. You can change the posted dates by using Flickr's

SimpleViewer-Pro allows you to specify the sort order, using the 'flickrSort' option: … tml#flickr

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix, I have the same problem and changing the "date posted" dates on my Flickr photos does not seem to have made any difference.  Each picture now has a different date since another poster mentioned changing the times has no effect.  I actually changed every single date.  Now in svBuilder I have pressed the "Load Images" button, I've also deleted my browsers cache, closed and reopened svBuilder and the pictures are still out of order.

Is there something I have to do to tell my existing gallery to reorder the pics based on their new "date posted" dates?  Or do I have to delete my gallery and start from scratch?  Or does it just not work as it's supposed to?

It should work fine. If you have just changed the 'date uploaded' details on your Flickr images recently, it may take a while for these changes to propagate through Flickr's system before they become apparent in API searches (such as that performed by SimpleViewer to fetch the images form Flickr's servers).
If things still do not work as expected in a day or two, please post the URLs to your Flickr Photostream and SimpleViewer gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.